Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Lots of love

Thank you very much for the kind comments and emails welcoming me back to blogger land. I still can't believe how long I was gone!

Not only did I disappear from blogger land, I stopped going to my knitting group on Tuesdays, too. Which could also account for my lapse of sanity since I couldn't escape meet up with my friends every week. I finally kicked myself out of the house, with the help of the hubby, and met up with
Pam, Michelle, Nancy and Melanie. All of which I hadn't seen in FOREVER. It was so good to see them because I missed them all bunches.

And...I'm knitting again! For months I just didn't even WANT to knit. I know, for those of you who knit every single day, try not to faint. Nothing inspired me. I would take out my yarn and just go...eh. But now more than ever I NEED to knit. I need that relaxation I get from knitting. From creating something beautiful when my life is a mess to that soothing clicking only my favorite pair of needles (given to be by dear friend Sarah gave me) makes.

I'm currently knitting another Feather and Fan baby blanket in Encore cream. Forgive the lack of pictures, I just didn't have time and I wanted to post. I'm also knitting another baby sweater. I loved this pattern so much the first time, I'm knitting it again. The yarn I'm using isn't as "shiny" as the other yarn. I'm also knitting a few other baby things. Why? Well, I'll be a grandmother in April. The Princess is having a little prince or princess of her own. Yes, I know. While not an ideal situation, we are choosing to be supportive and stand by her and love her as much as possible. The rest will sort itself out.

So, I knit. I knit for a little one that may be a surprise, but will still be loved as much as it's mommy is. Because even though it will be hard, with love you can get through it all.

Posted by Heather at 11:59 AM

2 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:18 PM  
    Well said! Congrats "Grandma"!

    You have my support.
  2. Blogger tocspaw posted at 6:30 PM  
    Congrats on becoming a grandma (even if the timing wasn't quite as you expected). I can't wait until I feel inspired to knit baby items (we're still at least 2 years away from our referral from China - sigh). Although, when I think about it, it may take me all that time to finish my knitted projects LOL...

Post a Comment

« Home