Sunday, November 20, 2005

Finished!

The baby blanket is finally finished! In good time, too, as the new parents should be coming home tomorrow with the baby. I am so happy with the way that it turned out. The pattern was really easy, but not so much so that I was bored out of my mind. Near the end, though, I was a little tired of it.

artsy shot

in the sun


Feather and Fan Baby Blanket

Pattern Source: Feather & Fan Lace Baby Blanket

Needle Size: Size 10, 24" Boye circulars

Yarn: Plymouth Encore worsted, color #517, 4 skeins

I loved making this blanket. The size 10's made it fly by. 10 1/2 was too big for me since I tend to knit a little loose. The pattern calls for a thinner weight yarn, so I did a gauge swatch of the 18 stitch pattern with 10 extra stitches on each side. I measured the pattern repeat and figured out my blanket width. Then I knit until I was close to running out of yarn and the blanket was a little longer than the width. Using stitch markers to mark off the pattern repeats helped keep the pattern a no brainer. I'd definitely make this baby blanket again.

Now, to finish the bolero. I need to get going if I'm to give it to my niece for Christmas. I'd like to finish it this weekend.

Posted by Heather at 1:19 PM

3 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2:42 PM  
    I love the location of your picture. The snail vine adds a lovely touch of color to the blanket. :)
  2. Blogger Creative Genius? posted at 5:22 PM  
    That looks amazing!! What a nice job!!
  3. Blogger Jody posted at 9:43 PM  
    Oooo - the blanket is GORGEOUS! Will have to tackle it myself one day. Hope I do as good a job!

Post a Comment

« Home