Thursday, November 10, 2005

Like another hole in the head

Inspired by my crafty buddy, Kelli, I've pulled out my sewing machine. Mind you, my machine is probably 30 years old and weighs a freaking ton.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Yeppo, baby, that is a 1970's Kenmore sewing machine. 4 whole stitches. But that is all I really need. I haven't used it regularly in years, so the other night (thanks to Kelli's brilliant suggestion) I dug out the manual and followed the directions to clean the inside and oil it up. Saving me $60, I might add. With Brian's help, she is running better than I ever remember. I decided to toss decorating schemes out the window and set myself up in my bedroom. Now I have a little crafty corner!

Last night I finally had a little time, so I made this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


It is a little padded pouch for sewing or knitting/crochet tools. If you look at the second picture carefully, you can see the various pockets. Pretty cool, huh? For not having sewn in forfreakingever, I did really well. My stitches were nice and even and I didn't wack off any fingers when using my rotary cutter (if you only knew what an accomplishment that is, right Brian?).

Seems as though I might actually start getting to have some alone time now. Let's see if I can get this right. The Princess is back together with The Boyfriend (I won't even go there) who is also friends with the Star who now has a girlfriend who just happens to be the Princess' best friend. So, they are all yapping together on 3 separate phones or on conference calls and running back and forth to tell each other to call each other and when they can't they tell each other what is going on.

Kind of makes your brain explode, doesn't it? See why I need a crafty corner? Now, if I can just get the damn cats to leave me alone... Hey, maybe I should set myself up in the shed?

Posted by Heather at 10:20 AM

4 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:28 PM  
    Oh crap, now I'm going to have to get mine out too! ;)

    BTW, it looks like the spinning gods were listening the other day. I'll post on that later. :)
  2. Blogger Soulknitting posted at 2:41 PM  
    Oh, no....I'm NOT going there. I LOVE to sew, but as I'm working on a few knitting items for Xmas, I'm not allowed to start any new hobbies. (to self -- KIM! Back away from the beading and stampling stuff at JoAnne's....NOW!!) I miss sewing. Still have LOTS of patterns from the 1980's !!!!! hoot, in the garage. Need to clean that out. Are you sewing xmas stuff? Lastly, glad the P & S are having a few happy moments. I'd still probably have them wrapped up in duct-tape and in the closet. Hehhehhehhe. Nice weather. You all should go picnic at the Phoenix Botanical Gardens. They have jazz on Friday nights in the garden I think. How cool is THAT????????? Las Vegas just has......guess I'll leaving that alone.....
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:33 PM  
    I have a similar machine. It's from 1973 (high graduation present) so it has a few more stitches and gadgets.

    I tried to use it again several years ago and couldn't even remember how to load the bobbin. Sadly, I no longer have the manual. Also, my local Sears/Kenmore repair shop wanted $100 back then.

    So now it sits gathering dust along with my treadmill.

    Maybe this is the incentive I needed?
  4. Blogger African Kelli posted at 8:05 AM  
    yeah yeah yeah!! I love it. Good work my friend! I hope you bring it Tueday.

Post a Comment

« Home