Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Stuck on Sleeve Island

I'll admit, the first time I read that expression over on Wendy's blog, I had no idea what the big deal was. Now I do. Why is it that sleeves seem to take for-ev-er?

sleeves


Don't you love the picture taken on the bushes in my front yard? The flash kept washing out the color inside, so outside we went. Yea, those are Halloween lights. We love Halloween 'round these parts.

Back to the sleeves. I'm doing both at once so that they match perfectly. Because we all know what a retentive freak I can be. But I swear, they are taking longer than both fronts did. Sarah gave me an excellent tip last night that I'll pass on to my thousands, hundreds, errr...dozens (?) of readers. When doing a "make one" increase, knit in the back of the stitch which will twist it and you won't be left with a little hole. Brilliant, isn't she? I'm really hoping to be done with the sleeves sometime before Christmas this weekend. Yes, a girl can dream.

Last night rocked. Met up with my knitting friends for wine, great food, knitting and more wine. I had the best time. I have made some really wonderful friends and I look forward to Tuesday nights every week.

Now, I'm sure that every single one of you remembers that the Baseball Star is grounded because of his grades until Progress Reports come out. He however, continues to "forget". He claims that he is working hard on his homework every ::whine:: single ::whine:: minute. Uh huh.

doing my homework


Working hard, isn't he? Apparently now he suffers from narcolepsy because every single day he is ::whine:: so ::whine:: tired ::whine:: mom that he just falls asleep every day after school. Uh huh. Gee, if I gave him his Xbox back do you think he would find some more energy to play all night?

I knew you would agree.

Posted by Heather at 6:36 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 6:02 AM  
    Hmmmm, could his tiredness be part of the problem?????

    I also hate doing sleeves sometimes too!
  2. Blogger Michellefinaz posted at 3:33 PM  
    that picture is hilarious of him sleeping. The sleeves look great.
  3. Blogger Colette posted at 6:37 PM  
    My stepsons are often found in the same position - when they were small they would wake up at 6am and wait outside the bedroom door till we got up, now if you try to get them out of bed before noon you'd think we were torturing them.

Post a Comment

« Home