Sunday, October 09, 2005

Things I have learned...

Been awhile, eh? I know...

Since we last spoke, the Baseball Star turned 16. I can hardly believe I am the mother of a 16 year old. Aren't I too young? The gray hair that keeps popping up tells me otherwise. His birthday is always tough on me for some reason. I was in labor with him for 78 hours. Induced on a Thursday and he was born on Sunday (long, horrible story I won't bore/horrify you with). On the 5th of every October I start thinking about that week, now 16 years ago. As with the Princess' birthday, I look at their baby pictures and wonder where all the time has gone. Hard to believe, you know?

One thing that I thought hoped would change was my ability to go to the bathroom all by myself. Yes, my childless friends, this is an issue apparently until they move out. However, I'm sure my children will call me every time I'm in the bathroom once they have left the nest. It has gotten better since they were very little and would beat on the door the second my butt hit the toilet. But they have been replaced by the circus monkeys (one of which is at the top of the bookshelf right now contemplating whether he can jump on top of the lamp. He missed.) who now deem it necessary to accompany me every freaking time I go to the bathroom. My darling Tigger(who I know is reading this since you keep standing right in front of the freaking monitor as I'm trying to type), contrary to what you and your equally stupid curious brother may think, I can pee all by myself. Really! Both of you scratching on the door, meowing like you are being tortured because I won't let both of you into said little bathroom so you can jump on my lap to see what I'm doing, is not going to work. One would think after a year of this, you would give up. It was nice today when you were both taking one of your 4 hour naps that you decided to let me go on my own. My bliss was cut short, however, when your human sister (also known as the Princess) was heard screaming through the house, "Mmmooommm...", like I had been kidnapped, moved out or - God forbid - not waiting with baited breath for her next request to be chauffeured to the mall. Since I obviously couldn't answer her, she had to come scratch knock on the door since she couldn't wait the extra 3 minutes it might take me to finish to ask if I could take her to the mall. And you people wonder why I'm a bit odd. Heh.

Minimal knitting/crocheting going on around here. I'm still trying to catch up on work both at the office and at home. 13 hours of laundry today. I envy people at the nudist colony. What do they do with all that time they don't have to dress or do laundry?

Ok, did I just write all about going to the bathroom alone and being jealous of people at nudist colonies?!?! Good thing I'm going to Pinetop (White Mountains of Northeast Arizona) on Wednesday where I can sit on the porch, knit and drink wine. And dream of going to the bathroom all alone someday...

Posted by Heather at 9:00 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 8:32 AM  
    I am totally with you in the bathroom department.

    Actually, my help is tapering down at the moment. Maybe because the little one spends so much time in the bathroom by himself!

    Have a great day!
  2. Blogger Soulknitting posted at 8:42 AM  
    I SOOO understand where you're coming from on this. Luna can be SLEEPING on the bed, but if I go into the bathroom and sit, she is RIGHT there looking me in the eye balls.

    From my blog entry on 9/7/05: "5) For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, to try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered."

    At least I don't have to deal with humans and barthroom situations. You have my smpythany. How's Luna? Mr. Tuttles went to sleep last week. Sigh. It always makes me sad when he goes to sleep...until spring!!!
  3. Blogger African Kelli posted at 9:01 AM  
    Heather,
    Bit worried about you after last night. Hope you are doing well. Shoot me an email if you want someone to gab with!

Post a Comment

« Home