Friday, September 09, 2005

Today might just be a good day.

I finally feel like I'm ready for our big fundraiser. And, this little tidbit from CNN just has made my day. And it is only 10!

Coast Guard Vice Adm. Thad Allen will replace Michael Brown, the embattled FEMA director, as the on-site head of hurricane relief operations in the Gulf Coast, a senior administration official told CNN.

Brown will head back to Washington from Louisiana to oversee the big picture, the official said.

Allen has been acting as an assistant to Brown in the Gulf region.


Now, he hasn't been fired yet, that would make my freaking week. But, I'm thinking that heads are going to start to roll. And what better way to start than with Brownie's head.

I'll leave you with my 2 favorite quotes from yesterday, thanks to Mac (who I'm in competition with for our newest pretend boyfriend, Anderson Cooper).

"All these politicians all this week are saying, 'Well, you know what? This is not the time to point fingers; this is not the time to, y'know, quibble about things.' Well, y'know what? When is the time? Because I'm happy to write it down in my engagement book and make an appointment. Because, to me, the time is now, when the world is watching."
--Anderson Cooper on `Real Time with Bill Maher'

Jon Stewart: The president has vowed to personally lead the investigation into the government's failed response to Katrina? Isn't that a job perhaps someone else should be doing?
Samantha Bee: No, not at all, Jon. To truly find out what went wrong, it's important for an investigator to have a little distance from the situation. And it's hard to get any more distant from it than the president was last week.

--The Daily Show

Posted by Heather at 10:45 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home