Friday, September 02, 2005

Words fail me

Heard (and read) on CNN this morning:

"Federal Emergency Management Agency command post in Baton Rouge, FEMA Director Michael Brown told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Thursday evening that "considering the dire circumstances that we have in New Orleans, virtually a city that has been destroyed, things are going relatively well."

Relatively well? Are you freaking kidding me here? Could someone give this guy a god damn tv? A better idea. Let's put his name and job title on a nice big board around his neck and drop him off with the refugees he knew nothing about at the Convention Center for 4 days with no food and water. Then he can really see how "relatively well" things are going.

The greatest country in the world and we cannot get our shit together to help our most desperate people. Our government should be ashamed. I am.

Posted by Heather at 7:19 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Colette posted at 10:19 AM  
    I know what you mean - I see the images on tv and I can't believe that this is happening in the US. 1/4 of all goods that come into this country pass through the Port of NO - and no one thought about what would happen when - not if - a major storm hit. Just what are our elected officials doing!!!???!
  2. Blogger Knitty, Vintage and Rosy posted at 11:13 AM  
    Heather:
    Just let me know when your moving up and I will set aside a day for a yarn crawl. But I won't say politics are any better here than down there!

Post a Comment

« Home