Wednesday, August 17, 2005

In support

Tonight I was going to veg out in front of the tube. Instead, I'll be joining Eva doing something far more important. I'm sure you have all heard about Cindy Sheehan, mother of yet another fallen American soldier in the fight over oil war on Iraq. As a mother I can feel her pain of just wanting to know why her little boy was killed for a lie. As an American, I support our troops, but I never have and I never will support this "war". So tonight my family and I will be joining others around the country in a candlelight vigil to show Cindy our support. And maybe somewhere in Washington, someone is listening. And maybe someone else's little boy or little girl won't be killed tomorrow.

Organizers are planning on people standing on all four corners of the intersection of Central Avenue and McDowell Road in Phoenix (and other locations around the Valley). Participants will stand on the corners with lit candles, beginning at 7:30pm. If you have the time to join us, please do.

Event Information:
Standing with Cindy Candlelight Vigil to Bring the troops home now
Central Ave & McDowell Road in Phoenix
Wednesday, 17 Aug 2005, 7:30 PM
Bring your candles. Handicap accessible.

Please RSVP
Address:
1525 .N. Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85004

Posted by Heather at 1:45 PM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Creative Genius? posted at 5:17 PM  
    I am with you in spirit!!

Post a Comment

« Home