Monday, August 22, 2005

$7,000 stitch markers

I've received a few emails asking about my stitch markers on Charlotte. Wow, you guys can see really well. These aren't just any stitch markers my friends. These are $7,000 stitch markers. Sure makes it a bitch when one flies off the needles, huh? Made out of gold you ask? Diamonds? Nope. See, they are elastics from my kid's braces. $3,500 per kid. And they wonder why I freak when they don't wear their bands. Straight, beautiful teeth and perfect stitch markers for size 6 needles. Money well spent, right? Oooo...I can live on the wild side and get a package of neon ones!

I so need a life.

Posted by Heather at 10:33 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Soulknitting posted at 10:51 AM  
    I'm excited to see you doing Charlotte's Web. I have that on my list to start, oh maybe, in 2006...like after Xmas presents I think. I use cut-up soda straws for stitch markers. Like these rubber-bands though, even if I don't have braces on Luna (gg).
  2. Blogger Soulknitting posted at 10:53 AM  
    P.S. Yesterday while checking on the boat for a day, with the AC on, I couldn't get her below 90* with about 30% humidity. Payback me thinks (gg). Luna and I left last night about 9pm so we wouldn't have to deal with the sun this morning at 7:00am and the same temps. Sigh. CANT' WAIT for fall/winter.
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:05 PM  
    Those rubber bands are good for stitch markers!

    Hmmm....just threw away a small bag of bands about a year ago. Didn't even think to use them as markers!

    I love the neon bands.
  4. Blogger Creative Genius? posted at 8:46 PM  
    I used to love them for small hair brades when I would wrap my hair in string... thought I was soooo cool!!! :-)
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:29 AM  
    Seeing someone else work on Charlotte's Web is encouraging me to pull that Koigu out of the stash and get working on mine, already. If only I weren't so lazy about winding hanks into balls!

Post a Comment

« Home