Thursday, September 08, 2005

Nothing changes

So, where have I been? Sunday & Monday I just could not take anymore news coverage, net news and blog watching. And I'm sure my hubby was sick of my ranting (you think I was bad here, you should see me screaming at the tv) and crying. His requests for me to turn it all off were increasing over the days. The kids were sick of hearing it. As sick as we all are of watching it and talking about it, how about living it? The nation & parts of government have all jumped in to bash the administration on it's handling of the response to the hurricane. And I'm glad. But at the end of the day (or week or month or year) when all the hearings and panels and investigations are over, nothing will change. Nothing. People will still get jobs they aren't qualified for ::cough:: Michael Brown ::cough::, money will still not be spent wisely (can we say decades old levee systems boys and girls?) and the government will STILL not have their shit together. It is both sad and depressing that we will, yet again, learn nothing from our mistakes. My anger has turned into sadness. I don't know which is worse.

I'm sure you all have been wondering about the teenagers. Heh. In case you are keeping score, it is the week to ruin the Baseball Star's life. It is his month to be moody, disrespectful and an all-around joy to live with. He is currently pissed off because I won't allow him to get his driving permit nor will I agree that he can get it before he starts Driver's Ed in January. Yes, this means he will have to switch classes. Too bad. News flash kiddo, if you refuse to follow simple rules like oh, let's say, bedtime/doing chores/doing anything I tell you and go as far as laughing to my face about it do you really think I'm going to let you DRIVE MY FREAKING CAR? Enough said.

Yes, I still knit. I'm working so much right now that by the time I get home, I'm dead. Charlotte is on hold while I work on a brainless bag. Yea, another one. You know it is sad when you are so excited about the 8 hour drive to Santa Fe to kick off the week-long fundraiser/bike ride so you can knit. Did I mention I'll be ALL ALONE for an entire night with a hotel room all to myself? Don't tell Brian, he gets the teenagers for a whole week to himself. I hope they all survive.

Posted by Heather at 8:31 AM

1 Comments

  1. Blogger Soulknitting posted at 8:22 AM  
    Sitting on the couch there with you, feeling and thinking ALL the same things about the Katrina Disaster that you are. I'm sure anyone reading my blog is tired of me RANTING about the situation too. Glad I'm not the only one who is STILL pissed at the way this has been handled. STILL!!! If this is how FEMA and the GOV handle a situation they KNOW is coming, I'll stick with saving myself, thanks.

    Right at 100*. Whew, soooooooooo glad summer is almost over. Can't WAIT for fall.

Post a Comment

« Home