Monday, September 12, 2005

Secret Pal 6

Finally...I have this done. What a freaking week and it is only Monday Wednesday (I started this on Monday). I'm behind in email (again) so, no, I'm not ignoring you!! I'm so tired I could cry. I leave Saturday at 5am and I'm in no way ready. I'm so busy that I don't eat all day, then come home eat and I'm dead for the night. Knitting? hahahahahahahaha

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I believe there is a yarn for every project. I don’t use Red Heart very much anymore because it is too scratchy. But, I love cotton and feltable wool the most.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I don’t spin but I do crochet.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Strong perfume and smoke make me sick.

4. How long have you been knitting? 3 years, crocheting for 20+

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yep,my amazon list is here and my KnitPicks list is somewhere I can't figure out.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) spicy scents, vanilla

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Most definitely!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I love beads.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like alternative, rock, pop, dance and new age. My computer can plan mp3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Blues, purple, pink….pretty much all colors.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? 1 wonderful husband, 2 great teenagers and 4 insane cats.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To live a happy life filled with love and raise happy, responsible kids.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Cotton and wool (I can’t wear it, but I love to felt with it).

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Anything scratchy, fun-fur stuff, any of the new funky yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Felted bags, felted sheep, shawls.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Same as my obsessions…and socks.

17. What are you knitting right now? Another felted bag, Charlotte’s Web shawl, socks and a test for SWTC.

18. What do you think about ponchos? I’ve made 2 and that is more than enough.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Whatever works best for the project.

21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes, on 2 circulars.

22. How did you learn to knit? Basics from my grandmother at 8, re-taught myself 3 years ago from a kid’s book.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? Only a few months. Either I finish it or frog it.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Sheep!! I love sheep. And Winnie the Pooh and cats (I have 4).

25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween, my birthday and Thanksgiving.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Thimbles.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? See my wish list.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? Not really, I haven’t seen anything in awhile that jumps out at me.

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like? I like socks with mostly cotton. My foot is 9.25 inches long.

Ok, it is time for bed. Yes, it is 8:00. No, I can't really go to bed.

Posted by Heather at 4:26 PM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home