Thursday, November 03, 2005

Another day

After being so pissed last night, today I'm just downright depressed. Eva brought up a good point in the comments. None of us want a registered sex offender living next door, but where the heck ARE they going to live? I spoke to the head of the unit that tracks these guys. While I do feel better knowing that he has a probation officer and the unit keeps tabs on him, I still don't like it. But, there is nothing I can do other than be careful. Which I should be doing anyway. But still...

Onto better topics. I found out last week that a good friend and his wife are adopting a baby - who is due this month! Off to the yarn store I ran (such justification, I swear) and purchased a few skeins of Plymouth Encore, which I have never used before. Guided by Sarah's excellent advice (as usual), I purchased 4 skeins for a feather and fan baby blanket on size 10 needles. Now that I have my rhythm going, I am moving along.

blanket


A little closer (don't 'cha just love my super-green winter grass?)

stitch detail


I love this pattern! Very easy, but not so brainless that I'm getting bored. I can do 3 of the rows without looking very much. Not bad, huh? I have about 10 inches done.

Now let me tell you, the Star must be out of his mind with boredom. After his homework was done yesterday, he decided to count all the change in the 3-gallon water jug we save. After that...well he decided to get creative.

Florida


Yep, that is Florida. He even left a space for Lake Okeechobee, did the inlet for Tampa Bay and the Florida Keys. If only he applied that energy to his school work.

And, just for you Kim, a new picture of Luna (Kim's adorable dog - who has a birthday today - is named Luna, too. No, I'm not a big copy cat. We chose our Luna's name because we found her on the full moon and we were sitting on the patio enjoying the full moon when we decided to keep her.).

Luna


She is getting so big! She eats like a little pig and will chase a piece of lettuce around if you tempt her. Is her favorite food the cheaper leafy greens like spinach and romaine? Oh no. Our little diva adores radicchio at $4.99 a pound.

Such an interesting life I lead, I know.

Posted by Heather at 1:40 PM

4 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:12 PM  
    Oh lord..the sex offender thing used to FREAK me out. I'm not sure if it's the same in WA as it is in Arizona but you can actually go to a WA State website and find a listing of all the sex offenders, where they live, what they look like and what level. Come to find out that our neighbor (the guy I chatted with daily) was a registered sex offender. Aaargh. Of course, being the obnoxiously nosey person that I am had to ask, apparantly he was dating a girl who lied about her age. like 15 instead of 18, all of a sudden he's a sex offender. Pretty sad all around. Back on point, there were like 30 other in my zipcode. You should see if there is a community website where you live to let you know where they are..it's a good heads up.
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:44 PM  
    I just thought you should know that the Star can have a career as a cartographer. See, he isn't completely hopeless. ;)

    And yes, there is a searchable database (for levels 2 and 3 only though): http://az.gov/webapp/offender/main.do . It's through the AZ Department of Public Safety. I think that there is another one for all levels, but I'm not sure it's available outside of law enforcement.
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:45 PM  
    Love the feather and fan baby blanket. I enjoy knitting with Plymouth Encore. May I ask what size needles and how many stitches are you using? How many skeins are you planning to use? Thanks! Joan in Michigan
  4. Blogger Soulknitting posted at 11:59 AM  
    LOVE Luna!! Never thought of you as a 'copy-cat' Miss Heather. While I know you named her for the 'moon' Luna Perfect Puppy Dog told me she would have been honored to be her namesake.

    She is so CUTEEEEEEE!!

Post a Comment

« Home