Sunday, October 08, 2006

Goodbye

This weekend the Princess and Star's lives changed forever. My ex, their Dad, passed away on Saturday in his sleep. He had been ill for such a long time but seemed to be doing ok as of late. We all knew he wouldn't ever be back to the way he was, but we all thought it was at least a little better.

He and I had come to a "truce" of sorts over the years. Gone was all the fighting and in it's place a sort of friendship. It is hard for me to comprehend that someone I've known since I was 18 and was married to for 10 years is gone.

Telling my children their father died was the worst thing I have ever had to do. And watching them break down the hardest thing I have ever seen. We have spent hours talking. And hours crying together. They have ups and downs. Making this even harder for them is that today is the Star's 17th birthday.

We leave for Tampa on Tuesday morning. Please tell the people around you that you love them today. And make peace with someone who perhaps you are on the outs with. You never know when it will be the last time you see or talk to them. Life is too short for fighting, tears and unhappiness.

Posted by Heather at 5:25 PM

11 Comments

  1. Blogger Jennifer posted at 5:49 PM  
    Oh I'm so sorry. I'm sending my sympathies and thoughts during this time.
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:20 PM  
    I am so sorry to hear about your ex. My condolences to you and to the kids. Having to lose a dad is one of the hardest things in life - you feel like your heart has broken into a million pieces. I know, I'm still missing a few myself.

    Hugs.
  3. Blogger Karen posted at 7:56 AM  
    I'm so sorry. My condolences to you and the kids.
  4. Blogger crazymom posted at 1:44 PM  
    My heart goes out to you and your precious kids. Wishing you peace some how through all of this. {hugs}
  5. Blogger Creative Genius? posted at 12:56 AM  
    I am so sorry to hear the news! Please know that I am sending hugs and kisses to you and your kids! May you find comfort and joy in the memories you have!
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:37 AM  
    My heartfelt sympathies to you all. I hope you have a nice trip. Maybe a change of venue will help in the healing process.
  7. Blogger Catherine posted at 10:26 AM  
    I am so sorry for your family's loss. I hope that you all are able to find peaceful smiles in the good memories.
  8. Blogger kt posted at 11:26 PM  
    Heather, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that we're all thinking of you and your family and sending our best.
  9. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:49 AM  
    Please pass my sympathies on to your kids. I hope you could feel the vibes of support coming to you from Coffee Rush last night!
  10. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:03 PM  
    i'm so sorry for you! It's always terrible to have tragedy in your life. And it's even worse when you have to see your children feel such hurt. Hang in there and my thoughts are with you!
  11. Blogger Jody posted at 8:47 PM  
    I am so sorry for your loss as well as that of your children. I hope that only good memories will prevail.

Post a Comment

« Home