Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Oh happy day

ETA - Sorry if you seeing this twice, blogger is acting like a cranky teenager.

You may want to skip this if you either, 1) don't like football (I don't know how that could be possible, though) or 2) only want to see yarn related stuff (that's ok, too). But then you'd miss one of the happiest days (albeit filled with frustration) I've had in a long time.

Saturday I got to see my Steelers up close. I almost cried. I almost got into a fight, too, but we'll skip that part.

They played the embarrassment to the NFL, almost as bad as the Cowgirls Cardinals for a preseason game in their new stadium - affectionately nicknamed gag The Nest (Good God people, this is FOOTBALL. "The Nest"?!? Want some juice and cookies to watch the game, too?) Now, while the outside of the stadium looks like a freaking spaceship, the inside is amazing.



Concession stand lines were horrible. It took Brian AN HOUR to get food. Missing the 2nd quarter and halftime. He was so pissed.

The best part of the game? Now while we had awesome seats, with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter we knew we could do better. So, we ran over to the other side of the stadium to get closer.



Close enough to tell them I loved them (yea, I did. I'm a dork.) and just about cry. I was SO happy.

Can ya tell?



Yea, we lost. But I didn't care. It's preseason. We played with our 3rd and 4th string. Our quarterback was alive and well (and wearing a helmet).

I love football. And for my 30th season, I love my Steelers.

Posted by Heather at 9:38 AM

7 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 10:31 AM  
    As long as you had a good time!
  2. Blogger Mel posted at 10:33 AM  
    I heard the concession lines were horrible. An hour to wait in line, I would have been berserk. I'm calling the new stadium the Mothership.
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:40 PM  
    It's like Mecca came to you!
  4. Blogger kt posted at 9:17 PM  
    Funny, I inherited the Browns from my hubby, but after the last two years, he's declared that his 44-year-old loyalty has been misgiven and he now belongs to you and yours.

    (He's just doing it to annoy me, what with that Rust Belt rivalry and all....)
  5. Blogger Michellefinaz posted at 2:44 PM  
    you look like you had an absolute blast!!!!
  6. Blogger tocspaw posted at 3:31 PM  
    I felt that way when I got to physically touch the Lord Stanley's Cup. It was awesome. And awesome isn't a word I normally use.
  7. Blogger crazymom posted at 10:46 PM  
    It looks like you had a great time despite the lines. I am happy for you getting to see your Steelers so up close.

Post a Comment

« Home