Friday, August 04, 2006

And ya'll thought I was nuts

Rememeber the Beef Jerky post from last year? I know ya'll thought I had spent a few too many hours baking in the car and my brain was a bit dehydrated. But you were wrong.

Woman bakes cookies on dash of her vehicle

BEDFORD, N.H. - Blistering heat was just what Sandi Fontaine needed to bake cookies for her co-workers - on the dash of her Toyota Rav4.

With temperatures soaring Wednesday, Fontaine placed two trays of cookie dough on the dashboard, shut the doors and retreated inside to her air conditioned office.

"My husband wanted me to run some errands this morning," said Fontaine. "I said, 'I can't. I'm baking cookies.' "

Fontaine first tested her dashboard oven three years ago. She said the only requirement is for the outside temperature to be at least 95 degrees, so it will rise to about 200 degrees in the car. Temperatures in the area reached the mid- to upper 90s on Wednesday.

"When you open the door to that car," she said, "it's like, oh my God. It's a wonderful smell."



Obviously my only issue (for this, there are so many other things I have issues about. Hush, Sarah.)was the type of food I was thinking about cooking.

Mmmm...fresh baked cookies in the car. There is an air freshner I could get used to.

Posted by Heather at 1:52 PM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Michellefinaz posted at 2:31 PM  
    I would love to try that myself, but I think hubby would pitch a fit if he found that much food in the car, h ahahah
  2. Blogger Jennifer posted at 3:16 PM  
    Hmmm, I'd be worried, the cookies would get overdone with all the heat we've had.
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:32 PM  
    Okay. I have to try it. I sent your post to my daughter - who is supermom. I can guarantee she'll try it. I'll send you pictures.
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:55 PM  
    You know I bet it would work! I'm with Jennifer that the cookies might be over done here too.
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:26 PM  
    I'm more worried that the cookies wouldn't survive the trip home!!! Chocolate chip road-rage therapy...
  6. Blogger Soulknitting posted at 3:14 PM  
    I remember us talking about how hot is was last year. This year, Vegas is weirdly 'cool' (relative term to most for sure). I actually spend the night on the boat Friday. I was 91* at 6 pm on Friday, August 4th. Now, that is just NOT right. Under 100* at ANY time of day in Vegas? I'm pretty convinced that the world is going to end soon. Normally, we're at 112* -118* this month. I'm thinking that HELL is actually going to be chilly!! hehehhhe

    Hmmmm, cookies are sure better than trying to cook FISH in the car. Hehehhhe

Post a Comment

« Home