Thursday, July 27, 2006

Finally!

Finally, it was my turn. After months and months of reading blogs where they got to meet her, it was MY turn!



Yeppo! That is me (great pic, ugh) and the Yarn Harlot! And let me tell you. If you think she is funny on her blog and in her books, you HAVE to see her in person. She is a riot. And so very nice, too. She stayed until every person in line had their book autographed. And didn't think I was a total dork that I ran out to my car for the 2 books I left there (I didn't want to be a total loser and bring all 3 books for her to sign) so she could sign them. The crowds that come to see her must be so surreal to her. Can you imagine? All of us standing in line, taking pictures. Wow.

And get this. Several of us Phoenix area chics had been warning her of the heat here in July. The night before she flew in we had a huge monsoon storm, bringing with it record daytime lows for July and lower temps for the rest of the week. Can you believe that? Let me tell you, if that is what having the Yarn Harlot come in town during the summer does for our weather, she can come ANYTIME. We'd all pitch in for her airfare and hotel.

Thanks again, Stephanie, for a wonderful night!

Posted by Heather at 4:00 PM

7 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 5:27 PM  
    I have been waiting all day for photos from you.

    I saw your hair behind a tall person on the Harlot's blog.
  2. Blogger Jennifer posted at 5:32 PM  
    How fun! How big was the group?
  3. Blogger Amy G. posted at 7:38 PM  
    I am soooooooooo jealous!!! I absolutely would love to meet her! I am reading her latest book now.
    Lucky Chick!
  4. Blogger crazymom posted at 11:56 PM  
    Wasn't last night just the coolest! It was nice getting to meet you too and to see you working on your beaded shawlette, which is gorgeous!, and your awesome Steelers socks.
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:28 AM  
    I'm so fucking jealous! Sorry I said a bad word, but, really. I'm that jealous. :)
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:48 AM  
    You're famous, too! (Along with Pam and Melanie in the Harlot's fo-toe.)
  7. Blogger Soulknitting posted at 3:17 PM  
    hehheeee!!! I'm so glad you got to see her!! Fab pic of your two together. I saw her last July (??) in Seattle when I was up visiting Charlotte. YH is Soooooo funny!!!

Post a Comment

« Home