Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Finished!

Finally!!! I cast on for these socks on February 9th and just over 4 months later, we have socks!



I have no idea why they look so boxy on my feet, so here's a shot on my table.



See those two tiny little balls of yarn next to the socks? Yea, that's all the yarn I had left. I was sweating it when I began the decreases for the toes, let me tell you. And, just in case you haven't seen enough pictures, a close up of the stitch pattern.



I knit them both at the same time on 2, size 1 circulars out of a cotton blend (which I can't remember now) yarn. I really do like how they turned out and they fit really well. However, I'll never make them again. They just took forever and I really didn't like working the stitch pattern.

Posted by Heather at 9:45 PM

5 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:30 AM  
    What pretty pastel socks!
  2. Blogger Sarah posted at 6:00 AM  
    Congratulations on getting them finished.

    They look great!
  3. Blogger Jennifer posted at 7:09 AM  
    Beautiful socks!
  4. Blogger Mel posted at 8:28 AM  
    Woo Hoo! Nice socks. Let the 'jaywalking' commence!
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:48 AM  
    I like them! And they probably only look boxy because of the geometry of the pattern. I would probably consider making them if they were'nt on size 1's. I don't do that anymore - it's sportweight on 3's or nothing.

Post a Comment

« Home