Friday, April 21, 2006

Deluded

Being Friday and me being bored, I decided to do a little research. Feeling a tad guilty over ALMOST breaking the yarn diet today (long lunch + yarn store within walking distance = disaster...usually) I thought I should count up how much yarn I've used this year. I read back through my blog (which is pretty funny, by the way, where do I come up with some of this shit?) and calculated that I had used 18 skeins of yarn. Pretty darn good, right? Well on my way to stash containment! I can use up that bin in no time! Hand painted goodies, here I come!

Ahem. Not so much.

You see, I then became a tad suspicious of my results (fortunately right before I grabbed my keys to hit the yarn store). Remembering a trip to a yarn store here, a SP gift there and well...umm... I'm still in the hole. By 19 skeins this year alone. Bah!

Like Sarah and Melanie said, I need to knit or crochet big projects that take up multiple skeins of yarn. Like more felted bags! And the Princess' tank top. There is also some yarn that I'm just not really liking anymore. That might hit ebay. I've been wanting to do that so I can buy more Addis.

Want to guess what I'm doing this weekend?

Posted by Heather at 11:51 AM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Tami posted at 12:24 PM  
    Hmm...sounds like you're going to have a weekend similar to mine... Have fun!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:39 PM  
    Your website is so pretty!

    I wonder, if I didn't buy yarn for the next... oh, let's say the next year. Would that be enough time to knit through my stash of upcountry? No?

    Now that is sad ;)
    But also... yay for the upcountry stash!! LOL
  3. Blogger Sarah posted at 12:47 PM  
    I bet you will be photographing your yarn for ebay.

    Or contemplating killing the kids but then, there is nowhere you could stash the bodies so....I will still go with photographing yarn to buy more addis.
  4. Blogger Sarah posted at 12:47 PM  
    OMG, you got a comment from Crazy Aunt Pearl. Boy, am I jealous.
  5. Blogger Jen posted at 12:48 PM  
    holy jeez there seems to be a continent wide rush on stashbusting right now..everyone's doing it. I think it's spring.

    Good luck my fine friend - I'm still fighting the fight...
  6. Blogger Jennifer posted at 6:04 PM  
    I'm still fighting to not buy yarn too. It seems like no matter what I do, the stash grows though. I've only bought some yarn off of Elann once this month, and I've been sent yarn by a bunch of people for free. I think it's a sign. The cosmos means for me to have yarn. Yeah, that's it. Anyways, be careful. The cosmos means for you to have yarn too. I just know it.

Post a Comment

« Home