Thursday, April 20, 2006

Could there be hope?

After a little review of the checking account, it may appear a miracle has occured. If you are faint of heart, you might want to sit down.

I have not purchased any new yarn for myself (secret pal purchases don't count) in over a month. I know, I know. My last purchase was on 3/3 over at Tempe Yarn and Fiber when I bought the Fixation for a tank for the Princess and the yarn for the baby blanket (which I finished).

The call to break the yarn diet is strong, my friends. Have you seen the gorgeous yarn Heather is creating? You all know I am a sucker for handpainted yarn. Her colors are gorgeous! But, I keep reminding myself that she will (hopefully, please) be painting yarn for at least a little while. And if I'm a good girl and knit up at least 1 bin of the 3 I have, I can buy some. And the Cathay that I fell in love with that Michelle is knitting with. And some Socks that Rock. Yea, that too! God, I'm hopeless.

Uhh...that means I need to knit or crochet 1/3 of the yarn I currently own. I think I better get busy.

Posted by Heather at 11:57 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 12:19 PM  
    YOu need to knit some BIG projects that use multiple skeins of yarn and not a pair of socks that only takes 1. ;)

    Good luck.
  2. Blogger Mel posted at 12:51 PM  
    Sarah is right. Maybe you should consider something where you hold 2 yarns together. You know, to make the process go even faster?
  3. Blogger Mel posted at 12:52 PM  
    Oh! And very impressive with almost 2 months of no purchases. I myself just spent some yarn dough last night at Craftmart. You are an inspiration...
  4. Blogger Jennifer posted at 1:07 PM  
    I admire your strength!
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:14 PM  
    You have great will power. That yarn is gorgeous!

Post a Comment

« Home