Sunday, March 26, 2006

Finally, some pictures

As you can see from my last post, I can finally post pictures and blog from home again. Let's just say the poor computer had over 2,200 spyware things and 10 viruses. She is running better than ever now.

First off, look at this way cute pouch my friend Kelli gave to me.

pouch


Isn't that just too cute? It is perfect to hold stuff in my basket or a little project. Thank you again, Kelli :)

So, have I been knitting? Yep, though not as much as I would like. Then again, do we ever get to knit or crochet as much as we would love to? First up is a sweater I'm making for the Knit for Kids project that will eventually get to the Dulaan Project.

Knit for Kids sweater


Pardon the crappy picture, I don't know what I was thinking when I took it. This is a great brainless knit for when I have only a few minutes to knit or during a movie. I keep one in the car because I have a lot of banking to do for work and spend too much time in line at the drive-thru. So, I sit there and knit.

I'm also still plugging away at the Jaywalker socks.

Jaywalker


But for some reason, they are just boring right now. I'm on the heel, so I'm about at the halfway point. I'd like to get them done so I can wear them to work before it gets too hot.

My priority project, though, is another feather and fan baby blanket.

baby blanket


And a close-up of the pattern and color.

close-up


See the little stitch marker? My Secret Pal sent them in my Valentine's Day package. I LOVE them. The red bead is a gorgeous garnet color that is so beautiful and deep. I think that beaded stitch markers are like your knitting wearing pretty earrings. I use them all the time.

Tuesday the teenagers get their lightning rods braces off. They are counting the hours. And I'm thankful the payments are over. Can't wait to see what $7,000 paid for.

Posted by Heather at 9:33 PM

3 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:34 AM  
    All of your projects are gorgeous! I love the pastel stripes on the Jaywalkers!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:15 AM  
    Just make sure they wear their retainers... keep on them about it. It sucks to have to get new retainers again at 20-something. Trust me.
  3. Blogger Jennifer posted at 11:43 AM  
    I remember getting my braces off! Ah, the freedom! Congratulations to them and to you for being done with it.

Post a Comment

« Home