Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Snow Day!

I've been a bad blogger girl. Blogging at home with pictures is such a pain in the ass right now that I've pretty much given up. Get this. We had 3 computers at home. 1 for the kids, 1 for the parents with the fab video card for Brian's Flight Simulator (and my iTunes) and my laptop that I worked on. Now the laptop is dead and our computer. The kids' has so many viruses and spyware that it is a total pain to work on. My computer at work is wonderful, though. The best computer in the whole world (computers can read what you write, you know. You have to be nice.).

I have lots of back-posting to do, but Brian was nice enough to brave the bad computer and upload some pictures for me. On Saturday we finally broke the 144 days with no rain. Where I live, we got 2.5 inches of rain! In the mountains some areas got 4 feet of snow. A few friends played hooky from work on Monday to go play in the snow. When I mentioned it to my boss, he asked why I didn't go. Ummm....ok. So he gave me the rest of the day to go play! We drove about an hour north. It was so funny to see people from the Valley playing in the snow off the side of the road.

This is a look at the Superstition Mountains not far from my house.

snow


The Star had SO much fun. I swear, he was like a little boy. He rolled around in it, Brian and him had a few wrestling matches in it, snow angels, snowball fights. He just had the best day. The Princess? Sat in the car and text messaged her friends. I don't think she wanted to mess up her hair.

The Star trying to sled.

sledding


Here it wasn't very deep, but when we walked back further it was up to my knees and in some places to the middle of my thighs. And it was so beautiful!

Brian


We really had the best day. I'm hoping we can go play again this weekend!

Posted by Heather at 9:50 AM

5 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:16 PM  
    What virus protection/cleaning software package(s) are you using? Let me know if you want some help. I happen to be geek girl sidekick to a super geeky boy...
  2. Blogger Jennifer posted at 1:24 PM  
    What fun! I love the name of the mountains near your house. Superstition Mountains... sounds mysterious.
  3. Blogger Jen posted at 2:37 PM  
    Wow. Mountains and Snow. delightful! There is something so luxurious about having snow and heat at the same time.....
  4. Blogger Creative Genius? posted at 5:07 PM  
    Oh that so rocks - - I miss AZ!!!!
  5. Blogger Jody posted at 8:47 PM  
    AH - the best of both worlds...warmth daily, and yet close enough to get to the snow when it....snows!

Post a Comment

« Home