Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A beautiful day in the neighborhood

There will be no knitting content here at Casa de la Cranky Teenagers today. My wrist decided that 3 hours of crocheting was more than it could take and boycotted last nights Olympics. I'd make some crack about said wrist, but since it is currently typing, it can read what I'm saying. But let me tell you something, you ever want liven the Olympics up a bit, watch them with Brian. He had me laughing so hard I thought I'd explode. Falling skaters and flying luge people aren't immune to our commentary. That's all I'm going to say.

Seems as though our VP's little brush with shooting his friend has the comics of late night dancing on stage.

"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," NBC

"Although it is beautiful here in California, the weather back East has been atrocious. There was so much snow in Washington, D.C., Dick Cheney accidentally shot a fat guy thinking it was a polar bear."

"That's the big story over the weekend. ... Dick Cheney accidentally shot a fellow hunter, a 78-year-old lawyer. In fact, when people found out he shot a lawyer, his popularity is now at 92 percent."

"I think Cheney is starting to lose it. After he shot the guy he screamed, 'Anyone else want to call domestic wire tapping illegal?' "

"Late Show with David Letterman," CBS

"Good news, ladies and gentlemen, we have finally located weapons of mass destruction: It's Dick Cheney."

"But here is the sad part -- before the trip Donald Rumsfeld had denied the guy's request for body armor."


Too funny, I tell you.

Posted by Heather at 7:47 AM

1 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:58 AM  
    And apparently they got fined for not purchasing hunting permits. Kind of makes you wonder when the Vice President of the United States and a wealthy lawyer think they don't have to pay $7 for a permit.

Post a Comment

« Home