Monday, February 06, 2006

Football hangover

Good God. Again, someone please tell me why I didn't take today off. I'm a zombie. I was so excited about the game that I hardly slept on Saturday night (yes, I am a loser) and got up early on Sunday for the pre-game ritual. A little about the ritual. When the butcher at the grocery store recognizes you and your husband and outs your little superstitious run to the store EVERY Sunday morning before the game is on tv, you are a freak. Good thing he doesn't know about having the same breakfast, game food and candle burning, huh?

So yea, I am tired. However, during my sleepless night on Saturday, I stayed up pretty late watching ESPN and knitting socks. I'm like 5 rows and a kitchner stitch away from having a finished pair of socks. How cool is that?

And in more wonderful news, a dear friend (who I'm not so sure wants to be identified, I'll have to check) has taken the SWTC blanket away from me and is working on it. She must love me. Or think I'm totally wacked after watching me during yesterday's game and therefore feels sorry for me. Either way, she is the best :) Does that mean I can take it off the sidebar?!?

I guess I better go back to sleeping at my desk work.

Posted by Heather at 1:25 PM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Pam posted at 2:22 PM  
    Feel free to out me. And yes, your erratic behavior during the Superbowl was a deciding factor in my offer. ;)
  2. Blogger Jen posted at 2:36 PM  
    congratulations!!!!
  3. Blogger Jennifer posted at 4:10 PM  
    When I heard that the Steelers won, the first person I thought of was you and how you were probably dancing in excitement over the win. ;)
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:14 PM  
    hehe - well as funny as they are, your pre-game rituals seem to be working!

    Maybe..... this is what the Chiefs need?! Hmmm!

    Completely worth the lack o'sleep zombie effect I think! Congrats!
  5. Blogger Cathi posted at 7:19 AM  
    So are you going to share the ritual? I'm very curious!

Post a Comment

« Home