Friday, February 03, 2006

Done

You know, I have a good life. I have wonderful friends, great (most of the time) kids, a fabulous husband, a nice house, a new car and a job I love 95% of the time. Lately though, I'm just...done. I'm unmotivated at work, with my knitting, with house stuff...hell, I can't even finish a book I've been trying to read for 3 weeks. I'm so excited about the game this weekend, but in order to be ready for the party I need to shop and clean my house. Which will cause yet another fight with the kids because they have to actually help. And I just don't want to deal with it.

The Princess is currently furious with me over something I have no control over. She said things last night that hurt...and hurt deeply. I know teenagers (and all kids) say things they don't mean. And she is still just a kid. But at what point does that stop being an excuse? At what point can I just sit on my patio and cry and be mad? Last night was that point. To have sacrificed everything, to have worked so hard (sometimes working 2 jobs), being a single mom and skipping meals because child support wasn't paid AGAIN and you don't get paid for 3 more days but telling the kids you ate a big lunch. Even though they don't know any of that. For it all to have meant nothing. It is truly more than I can bear.

I'm just...done.

Posted by Heather at 10:37 AM

9 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 11:18 AM  
    Oh my...so sorry!!!!
  2. Blogger Jennifer posted at 11:31 AM  
    I'm sending you (((hugs))). Hang in there.
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 11:51 AM  
    This probably isn't going to sound helpful, but...

    Send them far away for college. They will realize how good they had it when they lived at home, and they will instantly turn into good friends as well as good kids.

    In my case *I* wanted to go far away for college, but my mom and I are good friends for it now.
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:06 PM  
    I really want to say something motivational and wonderful to make you feel better but I'm at a loss. I will say it sucks! Kids can be mean, I know, I was a kid at one time and very mean at other times. BUT they love you even if they do say horrible hateful things, unfortunately its a reality of growing up for them, and you have to pay the price. Just keep your chin up, have a good cry and then take a breather. It will get better sometime!
  5. Blogger Creative Genius? posted at 12:09 PM  
    ok - kids suck!! that's about all the advice I have for you since I know nothing of teenagers except for the fact that i used to be one!

    please cheer up - it will get better i promise.... they will go to college and get married and have their own kids who will do the same things to them - that should at least be some comfort...

    And if all else fails... take a day or two off this coming week and meet me in VEGAS BABY!!! Come on - you know you want to!!!
  6. Blogger Cathi posted at 12:30 PM  
    I'm so sorry...I don't have any advice, as I'm still in the poop stains on the carpet, pumpkin bread strewn through the house phase. Have a big drink tonight? Just think of Hines' or Jeromes' smile. :)
  7. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:52 AM  
    Hang in there...I've heard that it all turns around when they finally get out on their own. It's hard to believe, but it's what gets me through with my own children. (I'm the one with the 17 year old twin daughters.) They can be just awful, and I have spent many evenings in my room crying over something they've said or done. Let's just hope it's true about them turning it around...In the meantime, now is the time to plan out all those special curses you wish on them for when they have children. Personally, I'm wishing triplets (girls, of course!) on both of them!
  8. Blogger Jody posted at 4:24 AM  
    Mine didn't cause that pain till they were just PAST teen stage. Yes, it hurt....I HATED their behavior but never stopped loving them, difficult as that was, and they are my pride and joy today (well, 2 out of 3, anyway). So go do something nice for yourself because you are worth it (they really know that too...it's just all about them right now). A massage would be nice, doncha think?
  9. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 11:12 AM  
    I'm just now getting caught up on some blog reading, so I'm coming in behind. I'm convinced insanity is inherited...we get it from our kids. Reward yourself by short sheeting their beds. :0)

Post a Comment

« Home