Friday, January 20, 2006

I can hear you...

I'm just sitting here in my lonely little office eating my lunch, when I can hear my salad talking to me. It is mocking me. You see, I'm trying to be a little more healthy these days. Eating better, going to the gym...the usual January bs with hopefully a better outcome this time 'round. So, I'm eating my lovely little salad with cucumbers, tomatoes and field greens. Field greens. What the hell are field greens? Because, let me tell you, this little one right on my fork looks like weed (not THAT kind of weed, it would be a far better lunch if it were that kind. But then I would be paranoid someone would KNOW.) In fact, it looks alot like dandelion leaves. And the other one looks like some wildflower stem. Mother Nature must be laughing her ass off. Don't you remember your dad in the yard with the spray bottle vowing to kill all the dandelions if it's the last thing he does? I sure do. And now they are being cultivated for my salad. But they are probably some kind of special dandelion/weed/field green. Yep, she is laughing at me, alright.

See what happens when I'm alone all day, obsessing about a game in 48 hours and 7 minutes?

Wow...I wonder what the entree in the black plastic microwavable plate has to say.

Posted by Heather at 12:47 PM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 1:07 PM  
    David calls that stuff Frou Frou lettuce and hates it.

    I hate arugula. Tastes icky.
  2. Blogger Cathi posted at 2:51 PM  
    There are places that call it outright dandelion, which I think is funny, although I guess it might be like the mushrooms in your yard- not worth it to try and find out if they taste any good.

    We are eagerly anticipating the game, my husband has crazy football brain which I wish would just stop. We're Steelers fans too. :)
  3. Blogger Mel posted at 3:07 PM  
    Mmmm. Dandilions! I do prefer the field greens to iceberg lettuce anyday, though. Did anyone else ever rub dandilions on their skin? We used to say if your skin turned yellow, then you like butter. I don't know what the big deal is about whether you like butter or not, but that's kids for ya.
  4. Blogger Jennifer posted at 4:04 PM  
    Arugula is pretty bitter, but some other field greens are quite tasty.

    I know where you'll be on Sunday. ;)
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:04 AM  
    I love Arugula, but Chicory, the frilly, bitter stuff, is GROSS.

Post a Comment

« Home