Monday, January 09, 2006

SP7 Questionnaire

Yep...I've signed up again.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I believe every yarn has it's purpose. I used to like Red Heart, but they changed the yarn and it is too scratchy now. I like some Lion Brand, but they seem to lean toward novelty yarns, which I don't like.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I've thought about learning to spin, but I just don't have the time. I've been crocheting since I was a little girl but I hardly crochet anymore since it seems to bother my wrists.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My circulars are in a wrap my friend Kelli gave me for my birthday, my dpns are in a box my friend Pam gave me and my crochet hooks are in the tackle box I use for all my knitting/crochet tools.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting for 3 years and I'd consider myself an intermediate knitter. I've been crocheting for over 25 years and consider myself to be an advanced crocheter.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have a small Amazon list that can be found my searching under my email address (I can't ever get the link to work).

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I never wear perfume, but I like lightly things. Soft vanilla, baby powder. I love gingerbread and spicy smelling candles.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? As evidenced by the size of my butt, I do. It's probably better if I don't get anymore!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I like to sew and make beaded jewelery.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like all kinds of music. You can find (some) country, a little rap, lots of rock and alternative on my iPod. My computer can play mp3s, but I hardly listen to music on my computer.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I have lots of favorite colors. I tend to lean toward blues, purples, pinks and fall colors. There isn't really any color I can't stand, but some colors don't belong on certain things (like avocado green on stoves. Gross! Who really thought that ever looked good?)

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my hubby, 2 teenagers, 4 cats, 2 fish and a desert tortoise.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Not really.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I have very sensitive skin and any yarn I use for something worn close to my skin has to be very soft. I prefer cotton yarn and my favorite right now is Catania.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Anything scratchy and I don't particularily like novelty yarn.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Felted items (have ya seen my bag collection?), shawls and socks.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Felted items.

17. What are you knitting right now? See the sidebar for my list of what is on the needles.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Most definitely.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular only. Straights bother my wrists.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Whatever works best with the yarn I'm using.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I own a ball winder and no-so-secretely covet Sarah's swift.

22. How did you learn to knit? From a child's how-to book and my friend Wilma.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? One that I stared - the SWTC test knit. It's boring and crocheting is killing my wrists. I've been slowly working on it for 6 months. One that was gifted to me - a bag of granny squares given to me by my MIL that her mother crocheted during WWII while waiting for her husband to come home. I'm going to make them into a lap blanket one of these days.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I love Winnie the Pooh, Hello Kitty and quail (yea, quail. They are cute!).

25. What is your favorite holiday? 4th of July, Thanksgiving and my birthday

26. Is there anything that you collect? Thimbles and teapots

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None, but I'd love one to IK and Creative Knitting.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Koigu - someday I want to have koigu. And a full set of Addi turbos.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Not really.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I love to make socks, I just wish they went faster! My foot is 9½ inches long.

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) December 12th

**Edited to add - 32. Any allergies? I'm very allergic to smoke and have a hard time with really strong perfume.

Posted by Heather at 10:54 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Cece posted at 11:22 AM  
    I didn't sign up this time. I wasn't really planning on it, but now I feel like I've missed out!

    Just stopping by to check up - looks like things are ok!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:37 PM  
    And I'm a day late on making contact and really hope she'll forgive me. I'm not a complete flake, I swear!
    I already made a special trip to not one, but two yarn shops (ooh, twist my arm..) specifically to pick up SP giftieees.

Post a Comment

« Home