Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Anniversary

In case you needed more proof that I was nuts, I'll regale you with a story of last year. As you know, my birthday is in December. Which sucks. As a kid I got lots of 2-in-1 gifts. Plus, with all the craziness of December, my birthday is hardly the production it should rightly be. My birthday should be a week-long celebration, people! Like everyone's birthday. Right? Ok, getting back to my story. So, seeing how I've always been a little bummed about my 2 major celebratory events occuring in December, you would think that I would opt for a June-ish wedding. There my dear friends, you would be wrong. Because what can add more stress and craziness to the holiday season than to get married ON CHRISTMAS EVE? In a town 2 hours away? When your parental units happen to be in town? Oy vey. So now ALL my gift-receiving opportunities are in December. Bah! I'm thinking we should celebrate the engagement, right? That was in June...perfect!

To redeem myself, our wedding was gorgeous. If not...chilly. You see, we got married in Sedona. Outside. Where it was barely 35 degrees. But gorgeous, huh?

wedding


Happy 1st Anniversay, babe (a little early). Yep, I love him more every day. And every day he probably thinks I'm a little more nuts. Heh. But I'm funny, right? Right?

Posted by Heather at 7:19 AM

10 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 8:12 AM  
    Happy Anniversary Early!

    I feel your birthday in December pain!
  2. Blogger Mel posted at 8:52 AM  
    Happy early Anniversary. Here's to many more!
  3. Blogger Jennifer posted at 9:26 AM  
    Happy anniversary!
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:58 AM  
    WOW. Hands down one of the most beautiful scenes for a wedding I've ever slapped eyes on. Happy anniversary!!!!
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:59 AM  
    Happy early anniversary! DH & I will be married 21 years on Dec. 22nd.

    Kiddo's b.d. is on December 23rd and I have always been insistent that her birthday be totally separate from Christmas. (birthday wrapping paper, NOT Christmas wrap, birthday cake with no holiday flair, and we even hold her birthday party with friends in the Fall because it isn't well attended if held during Christmas holidays. We have a family celebration on her actual b.d. She also never gets multi-celebration presents or shorted.)
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:26 PM  
    Happy Anniversary!! What a gorgeous view.
  7. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:14 AM  
    Happy Anniversary!! Congrats on finding Your Someone...you two obviously love each other SO much!
  8. Blogger Jody posted at 10:49 PM  
    I once had a December 27th anniversary...and loved it! We just made sure to separate the gifts. This marriage anniversary is in June, a week after my birthday....oy!!! This one gives me ONE (big) gift - probably because he can't figure out two separate things to get me.

    Happy Anniversary...no matter when, it's yours and yours alone (and Brian's, of course)!!
  9. Blogger Tempe Yarn posted at 5:35 PM  
    Congratulations! That DOES look like a beautiful day. May you have many more wonderful anniversaries!
  10. Anonymous Winnie Reeve posted at 1:17 AM  
    Interesting tthoughts

Post a Comment

« Home