Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Oh the memories

Rox asked us today about our stupidest moments. Believe me, I've had my fair share. I'm not what you would call a coordinated person. Brian says he never met anyone who could hurt themselves all alone in a bed filled with pillows. I've fallen over putting on my own underwear. Yes, I am a klutz. So, I had to think of a classic Heather moment. This one is a doosie, my friends.

Picture the scene. It was my first time cooking dinner for my in-law's. I'm nervous, worried about everything. I cleaned the house obsessively for days, planned the perfect menu, had the cutsie Christmas apron. You know how it goes. So, I'm in the kitchen using my mixer to beat the sweet potatoes for a casserole. But the damn plug keeps falling out of the wall. So, I'd shut the miser off, put the mixer down, futz with the prongs and plug it back in. Well, after 5 or so times of this, I'm pissed. I put the mixer down (you'll notice here what step I've missed) and jammed the plug back in the wall. All of a sudden, sweet potato is flying all over the kitchen, it's all over my face, all over my glasses, in my hair and on the ceiling. There is 15 seconds of stunned silence when I'm trying to decide if I'm going to laugh or cry. And his family loses it. Not just laughing, we are talking hysterical laughter to the point I thought my father-in-law would keel over. And they laughed for like a half hour. I swear, I must have picked sweet potato from all over that kitchen for months. It even made it out to the Christmas tree 10 feet from the kitchen.

And they all still laugh about it. It is now forever known as the Sweet Potato Incident.

Posted by Heather at 2:56 PM

3 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:13 PM  
    Oh my god... I am laughing so hard right now... Sorry but that is SO funny!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:28 PM  
    hehe! Wayyy too funny! Made me feel much better! :)
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:01 AM  
    That is seriously the funniest thing I've heard in forever! Poor girl, but hilarious. I hope you have fully recovered! :)

Post a Comment

« Home