Tuesday, November 29, 2005

It's all about me

I have a whole post ready for all the crafty stuff I did over the weekend, if I could remember to get the damn batteries for the camera.

So, instead I'll post this great meme I snagged from the hysterical Crazy Aunt Pearl (Seriously, if you don't read her blog RUN over there and dig thru her archives. She is SO funny!).

TEN random things you might not know about me.
1. My food can’t touch on my plate, ever. I freak out.
2. Because of this, the cranky teenagers and Brian call me a Separatist. Whatever.
3. I HATE smelly things. I’m way oversensitive to smell.
4. I was a moron and got married at 19. No, I wasn’t pregnant.
5. I was told I’d never be able to have children. Heh. Tell that to the teenagers.
6. I’m claustrophobic and will freak out in an elevator if there are too many people in it.
7. As much as I complain about the cranky teenagers, I love them with all my heart. If I can die with them thinking I was a great mom and they knew I loved them, my life would be complete.
8. I love cherry flavored anything.
9. I can’t suck on hard candy, I have to chew it.
10. I’m terrified of big dogs because when I was 10 a German Shepard took a chunk out of my ass. Which made it grow back even bigger.

NINE places I’ve visited.
1. Pinetop, Arizona
2. Grand Canyon
3. Agua Prieta, Mexico for charity work
4. Nogales, Mexico for pottery shopping and deals on booze
5. Florida Keys
6. New York City
7. Vermont
8. Boating in the Gulf of Mexico
9. Several cities on a charity bike ride from Santa Fe, NM to Telluride, CO

EIGHT ways to win my heart.
1. give me chocolate
2. love my kids
3. love my kitties
4. be as big a football fan as I am
5. cry on our wedding day
6. laugh at my stupid jokes
7. give me chocolate
8. snuggle with me on a porch swing

SEVEN things I want to do before I die.
1. Go to a Steelers home game where they DESTROY either the Cardinals, the Cowgirls or the we-always-win-by-a-freaking-field-goal Patriots.
2. Watch my grandchildren grow up.
3. Watch the Star play second base for the ::barf:: New York Yankees (see how much I love him? I hate the Yankees. Sorry Jody.)
4. Finally lose weight.
5. See my mother sober.
6. Hike the Grand Canyon.
7. Go to Alaska.

SIX things I’m afraid of.
1. Something horrible happening to my kids or my Brian.
2. Snakes
3. Heights
4. Closed in spaces
5. Palmetto bugs
6. scary movies

FIVE things I don't like.
1. Terrible drivers. Drive or get the hell out of my way.
2. Yellow or green candy. Gross.
3. Mean people.
4. The Shrub
5. My ex-husband

FOUR ways to turn me off.
1. Hurt my kids.
2. Treat me with disrespect.
3. Be a bad parent.
4. Smelly people

THREE Things I do everyday.
1. Knit or crochet
2. Hug and kiss my kids before they go to school and tuck them in every night. And tell them I love them every day.
3. Snuggle with the best husband in the world.

TWO things that make me happy.
1. My family and friends
2. Knitting

ONE thing on my mind right now.
1. 4 more hours until I’m out of here!

Who is tagged? If you want to do it, consider yourself tagged!

Posted by Heather at 11:56 AM

2 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:15 PM  
    I *think* I'm still talking to you after your Yankees comment. ;)
  2. Blogger Jody posted at 10:50 PM  
    I still like you even though you cannot recognize a great team (in spite of the past two Septembers). And after all, you DID apologize!!

Post a Comment

« Home