Monday, November 21, 2005

Thanksgiving?!?

Ok, how is Thanksgiving on Thursday?!? Wasn't it just July or something? Or September when I was working 567 hours a week on our fundraiser? Holy crap. It is just over a month before ::insert some kind of doom music here:: Christmas. How much shopping have I done? 1 gift for the Princess. Yep. That is it. Of course, this shall be followed by 5 weeks of frantic posting by me that I haven't done squat and am yet again on the brink of a nervous breakdown. Yea, like I haven't proclaimed that before.

Someone PLEASE tell me why Christmas seems to come as a huge shock to me every freaking year. Do they schedule it in October and I miss a memo? Hardly. It is the same damn day every year and yet every single year I hit Thanksgiving and panic. Although, in the last couple years the panic has lessened due to the fact that I'm no longer a single mother not getting child support and wondering how I'll pay for the only gift they are begging for (no, I'll never tell them of the jewelry I hocked or the kidney I was wondering if I needed). And every freaking year I vow to start shopping in July. Yea, like that is going to happen.

So, let the insanity begin. Least I'm not knitting any gifts, right?

Posted by Heather at 10:34 PM

3 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:36 AM  
    The only reason that you're freaking out is that the stupid media and corporate world have decided that they must present Christmas stuff starting in August. You've had it shoved in your face for three months already. It's just your brain hitting overload.

    Don't worry, everything will be all right... isn't that a Bob Marley song? ;)
  2. Blogger Creative Genius? posted at 8:58 AM  
    You need to call:

    877-SOS-KNIT

    She can help!!!!
  3. Blogger Jody posted at 10:19 AM  
    It was so much easier when the kids were little....they'd peruse the JC Penny catalog when it came in October, WISHING they could have this and that...Mom would note their desires, place a huge order and store the cartons till Dec. Now that they are adults...what the HECK can I give? Every year it ends up the same now...money! Their favorite present, but it makes me feel so detached!! SIGH....the fun has gone out of gift giving!

Post a Comment

« Home