Wednesday, November 30, 2005

These are my confessions

Any guesses on which song that comes from? I happen to hate it.

Anyway. While in the midst of my craftiness this weekend, I also was thinking about the stash. And how not too long ago, I sorted the stash. Well, I might have missed a bit of it. See, I have this spot between the couches where I store my tote bags. And they had lots of yarn in them. Current project yarn? Oh no. Soon to be project yarn. As in, more than I can knit in a year yarn. And it was bugging me. So, I did what any freak anal retentive organized person would do. I begged the hubby to pull out the bins of yarn AGAIN so I could obsess over catalog the stash. It was not pretty my friends.

I have 67 skeins of yarn intended for the following projects:

6 pairs of socks
3 vests (2 calf length)
1 aran afghan
4 sweaters
1 tank top
1 shrug
1 scarf
2 shawls
1 felted hat

This does not include yarn for projects already on the hook/needles. Does anyone else get a little woozy reading this list? Could I even finish all that in a year?

There is also (I can't believe I'm actually admitting this) 60 skeins (plus some little balls that I don't know why I'm saving) of yarn that have no intended project.

The teenagers thought this was quite funny. Brian (I love this man) told me it was ok. He likes that I have a hobby. Like I don't know that is his motive for keeping me from driving him nuts. Hrmph.

And me? Well...I bought more yarn today for the Flower Basket Shawl I need to enlarge. Hey! What if that dye lot sold out? It could happen you know. I also bought another shawl pattern. Because I obviously don't have enough to do.

Kindly forward any information you have on Yarn Stashers Anonymous.

Posted by Heather at 2:56 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Michellefinaz posted at 7:41 PM  
    I commend you on your stash. I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:18 AM  
    I have come to realize that no matter how much I knit, I am always going to be more of a yarn collector. But how much fun is it shopping the stash when it could rival a small knitting shop?

    I believe my DH is just relieved I don't collect diamonds or antique cars - hee!
  3. Blogger Jennifer posted at 2:22 PM  
    I have quite a large stash too. I have no thoughts on how to stop. In fact I'll meet you at a LYS. I'm free this afternoon! LOL.

Post a Comment

« Home