Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Holiday 10

First I have to say that I have the best husband in the UNIVERSE. Just a few more weeks until our first wedding anniversary. I love him more every single day and I am very, very blessed to have him in my life. 'Cause ya'll know I'd be nuts without him (everyone of you that says I already am can just hush).

I still have the blahs, but they are happier blahs. I'm still pissed about the whole SP snarkiness. God, but there are some bitchy/rude/snotty people out there. Dang.

So, in order to lighten things up around the blog, I give you the ::insert drumroll here::

The Holiday Ten (courtesy of Kim)

Instructions: Copy and paste the questions to your blog (with your answers, not mine).

One. What is your favorite holiday movie?
A Christmas Story. You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Two. What is your favorite holiday song (title and artist)?
Grandmom Got Run Over By a Reindeer. Cracks me up every single year.

Three. What’s the best holiday gift you were ever given, and why?
Well, my favorite part of Christmas has to be seeing the kids faces when they see the tree on Christmas morning. They aren't allowed out of their rooms until I'm up that morning. One of my best gifts has to be the first year Brian stayed at my house in Florida for Christmas. He hung up all my lights and helped decorate. I cried all afternoon. If you were married to someone like my ex and then lived as a single mom, you would totally understand.

Four. Do you have a special someone to kiss at the stroke of midnight on New Year’s?
Yep. My kids and my hubby.

Five. Name of your favorite reindeer?
Rudolph

Six. Favorite Holiday food?
Cherry candy canes, honey spiral ham and cranberry sauce (yea, the crappy one that plops out of the can and still has can marks on it. Sue me, I love it.)

Seven. Snow day — cuddle by the fire, or hand me a snowball?
Cuddle by the fire with hot chocolate AFTER sledding with the kids and having a huge snowball fight.

Eight. What was your New Year’s resolution for this year? Did you stick to it?
I never make them anymore.

Nine. Is there really a Santa Claus?
Duh, of course there is! How else would the presents get under the tree.

Ten. Present, or stocking stuffer?
Both!

Consider yourself tagged!

Posted by Heather at 1:41 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Jen posted at 2:42 PM  
    YAY i get to comment on YOUR BLOG NOW.

    To all readers of this blog Heather is the best Secret Pal Ever and if she emails me her mailing address - I WILL SEND HER A NOT SO SECRET PAL CHRISTMAS GIFT!!

    because her secret pal is a sucky pants avoider poo head

    ps: and this is even BEFORE i got the customs molested package!!!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:21 PM  
    High Fructose Corn Syrup AND corn syrup ('cause one just ain't enough, apparently). That's all I'm going to say about the cranberry sauce, which I too, used to love.

    Okay, I can't not mention the amazing sauce a former coworker and fellow foodie passed along to me: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/cranberrychutney.html. You will never want to eat the stuff in the can ever again, I swear! The cardamom is the key.

    And, if you don't like the foofy one, all you need to make the regular stuff is cranberries, sugar, and water. Cook, and voila! Though, after the Flying Sweet Potato Casserole, maybe you'd better scotchguard the cats.

Post a Comment

« Home