Tuesday, February 07, 2006

These socks rock!

Today, I'm sporting my newest socks!

lovin' the socks


And of course, we must have the blurry crocs shot.

croc shot


As you may be able to tell, these are fraternal socks. However, they started out as identical twins. My friend Pam knows all about genetics and I'm sure will tell us all that I've created quite the anomaly. Honestly, I don't know what happened. I'm sure I can't re-create this effect in my lab living room again. Everything was all fine and dandy until I found a knot. I clipped it out and matched up the striping in the sock. And that's where things went wonky (don't you love that word?). I tried to fix it by clipping again, to no avail. So, the socks are identical up until halfway down my foot. Whatever.

I used Sockotta yarn that I also used for a little iPod cover. I had just enough to make the socks with a shortened leg. They are very comfy and don't itch at all, thanks to the majority content of cotton. Love the patterning, love the feel...just lovin' my new socks.

And I'm going to take this moment to officially out Pam as my test crochet blanket from hell savior. She claims that my erratic Super Bowl behavior (ha! I toned it down for my friends, you should see me when I think there are no witnesses to my behavior during the games. A clue? Brian clears the living room of any breakable/throwable objects. Heh.) was what led her to save me from the hell known as the SWTC blanket, but I think it is because she loves me and feels sorry for me. Crocheting has really been bothering my left wrist (why knitting doesn't, I couldn't tell you) and it is so boring that I want to scream every time I look at it. Plus, the yarn twists back on itself and adds to my already unstable brain situation. Pam is my hero. She has saved me.

Tonight our Stitch 'n Bitch (take that Sew Fast So Sleazy) is at a wine bar. Sarah set it up so that we go there once a month. Isn't she wonderful?

Posted by Heather at 10:42 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 11:19 AM  
    Cool socks.

    I knew it was Pam that took over the blanket from hell!
  2. Blogger Jen posted at 1:10 PM  
    THAT SOUNDS FA-BOO. a wine bar and yarn.

    nice socks 'n crocks

Post a Comment

« Home