Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I caved

I did it. I caved. Even though I said I wasn't going to, I did. There was too much pressure. Too many bloggers heading toward the light, err flame. So, I caved.

I joined the Knitting Olympics.

I know, I know. But it looks like so much fun! Forget the fact that I'll be knitting my little fingers to the bone! Forget that I signed up on the very last day possible and haven't as much made a gauge swatch. Or that I might not have the needles I need. I have yarn (we all know how much of that I have), I have the pattern and I have insanity on my side. How could I resist?

What am I knitting, you ask? The Aran Sandal Socks from Socks, Socks, Socks. I've wanted to knit them since I first bought the book, but thought they would be too difficult for me.

What better time to challenge myself than when the teenagers are conspiring to send me to a mental home? Wait, don't they cook for you, clean for you and you don't have to work? Hey, would they let me knit there? Hmmm....

Posted by Heather at 11:47 AM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Catherine posted at 12:15 PM  
    I don't think they let you have pointed sticks in a mental home. :o)
  2. Blogger Jennifer posted at 1:04 PM  
    May you knit fast and accurate!
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:47 PM  
    We'll have to have some team knitting get-togethers - Team Arizona!
  4. Blogger Jen posted at 8:33 AM  
    GAME ON!

    I was going to do the lace leaf shawl that you gave me as part of SP6 but after swatching it I can't bear to undo it!

Post a Comment

« Home