Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's what?

I'll probably send shock waves throughout the world, but I have a confession. I could care less about Valentine's Day. Really. A friend asked if I thought Brian would have flowers sent to my office. My reply? I hope not. They are 3 times as expensive as they should be and they will die in a week. Know what I would much rather have? A gorgeous plant. Something that when I look at it, will remind me of him thinking about me and that day. We exchanged cards, some candy and had lunch together. Frankly, everyday should be about showing someone how much you love them. Not just February 14th because Hallmark said so. If Brian made next Friday extra special by taking me out, sending me a plant and a necklace from Jared (heh...our inside joke) that would mean more to me than him doing it on some pre-prescribed day.

Enough blabbering. No knitting again last night. My kitty went to the vet with an upper respiratory infection. Great, huh? The family makes it through flu season just fine. It's the cat that gets it. Let me just say, snotty cats are gross. Enough said.

Knitting should return tonight. It is much more fun to watch the Olympics when you can knit. Hopefully far less people will be crashing and falling tonight.

Posted by Heather at 9:32 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Mel posted at 10:57 AM  
    I hope your Kitty is feeling better. The snot is gross, but the little sneeze is sort of endearing (to me anyway). Hope to see you soon.
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:18 PM  
    I agree with Mel. Kat sneezes: cute. Kat snot? Not so much.

    I drove by Thai Rama yesterday and thought of you. :)
  3. Blogger bethanie posted at 7:36 PM  
    I hope the kitty is ok. Happy knitting!
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 11:37 AM  
    I hear you on the whole roses-on-Valentines day thing. I so prefer a plant, and wouldnt mind one even if it was not Valentines Day. Every year, I tell my hubby.... no roses. There are better ways we could spend $100 than on something that will be gone in four days.

    Like yarn.

    hehe

    Hope the kitty is feeling better. Upper resp's are just not fun - for anyone.
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:07 AM  
    I hear you re Valentine's Day. I don't need flowers/chocolates/insert other present on Feb 14 to know my guy loves me.

Post a Comment

« Home