Friday, March 10, 2006

Dresses

I have to wear a dress. You see, I have to go to some fancy hotel tonight for an awards thing and I have to dress up. And I HATE it. Pantyhose are evil, heels are torture and I don't even know how to put on freaking eyeshadow so the Princess will stick me in a chair and force me to wear it. I will say that the dress is pretty and I don't look like I'm wearing a tent. I still have to wear the damn thing, though. When did I turn into such a non-girly girl? Give me my jeans, a cute shirt, my handknit socks and my Crocs (oh hush, Sarah) and I'm a happy girl. Don't get me wrong, I like to look nice but dresses and all that crap just sucks.

Watched "Walk the Line" last night and knit quite a bit on the Jaywalkers. I'd show you a picture, but since one computer is now dead with no hope of resuscitation and the other has multiple viruses, you can't see them. If you are really desperate you can look at the post from the other day and double it. Did that work? Fabulous! Another inch or so and I'll be on the heel flaps. I really like the pattern, but the "slip 2 together as if to knit, knit 1, then pass the slipped stitches over" is a tad fiddly. Especially with Addi's because they aren't as pointy. I'm determined to finish them and move on to Koigu ankle socks from my wonderful Secret Pal. In case you were wondering, I heart Koigu.

Guess I better go do some work before the big event. Did I mention the last time I tried to put on pantyhose I fell off the bed? And ask Brian about me trying on heels for the wedding. I think he burst a blood vessel from laughing. Freaking dresses.

Posted by Heather at 9:52 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Jennifer posted at 11:06 AM  
    Do you have to wear pantyhose? If your dress is long enough, you could probably get away with not.
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:57 PM  
    You must take pictures to document this momentous occasion!

Post a Comment

« Home