Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Just an observation

My darling Princess. It is still winter. You know, when it is cold outside (I know this is not cold to those of you living where it snows. Humor me. Under 60 is cold when you deal with 119 in the summer). This morning it was 37. That means we do not wear jean mini-skirts, flip-flops, a long sleeved shirt and a jacket. The jacket isn't going to help your feet and legs, kiddo. And bitching at me that it is "freezing in the house" when it is 70 isn't helping your mini-skirt wearing cause there, sister. If you are wearing sweats and freezing in a heated house, how are you not freezing while partially clothed and outside? Am I missing something? Does looking cute (Which, I'll admit, you do. Even though your toes look blue.) somehow make you warm?

Obviously I'm way out of the loop on this one. Then again, since I've become the mother of 2 teenagers I've somehow become stupid. How I manage to make it through the day, I'll never know. Thank God I have them to tell me what to do. ::insert sarcasm right about here::

Ok, now all about me. I'm still plugging away at the charity sweater. I have about 4 inches left on the final sleeve (knit cuff-to-cuff) and I'll be done. However, as I'm sure you can tell, I'll be well off my Olympic goal of making 10 items for charity. I'm like the luge chick who smacked her head around the tube when she flipped the lugie thing. I'm on the DL. My wrist just will not cooperate if I try to knit more than a couple hours. But, I gave it a valiant effort. Right? Pictures? I'll show you when I'm all done, k?

What did I do at Stitch n Bitch last night? Rip out the pattern rows on my Jaywalker Socks AGAIN. I'm noticing that I do more Rip n Bitch at our little get togethers than Stitch. Of course, Sarah is probably done both socks now. Why can't I knit as fast as she does?

Posted by Heather at 1:57 PM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 3:01 PM  
    Practice and also 20 years of experience.

    Now, if I tried to crochet in the Olympics, that would not work out well at all.

    A few more years and you will get smarter again.
  2. Blogger Jody posted at 5:50 PM  
    You'll be amazed at how "brilliant" you become to your kids once they hit 21! As to the COLD weather...I feel your pain. We just went thru a cold spell here in S. FL...32 in the AM with a high in the 50's...brrrr! How did I EVER live through NY winters?
  3. Blogger Cece posted at 8:30 AM  
    Whine whine whine - it 20 degrees here.

    But - I see kids here in MA waiting for the bus in the snow with flip flops on - so she must be 'cool' (both literaly and figuretivly)

    haha.
  4. Blogger Creative Genius? posted at 10:27 AM  
    Yikes - been a bit behind on my blog reading.... so today is catch up day and like always - your blog brings a smile to my face!!!

    Did the baseball star make the team? And did the princess's toes fall off?? :-)
  5. Blogger Jen posted at 12:28 PM  
    if my mother had phrased her concern like this i probably wouldn't have caught pneumonia when iwas 15

Post a Comment

« Home