Monday, March 20, 2006

Passing on

Today is just a weird day. As I sit at work, back home in Florida my family is at a funeral. I got word on Saturday that my Uncle Stan died, leaving my sisters and I with lots of aunts and no living uncles. Odd, huh? 12 years ago my Aunt Greta died, leaving behind my cousins Beth and Stacy and her husband Stan. He never remarried. Never dated, as far as I know. They were high school sweethearts and even after she died he called her "my Greta". My cousin Beth and her son Jared lived at home with him and he was the man in little Jared's life. They were very, very close. My uncle died in his sleep Saturday morning, in their same bed, while my cousins were up at my Dad's for the weekend.

My uncle was a total nut. He would tell jokes that either had you on the floor laughing or cringing because you couldn't believe he actually just said something like that. He lived a long and happy life and we like to think that he is now, finally, with "his Greta" again.

Blessings and Peace, Uncle Stan. I hope there is a great bagel store up in the sky for ya. With perfectly chewy bagels, to die-for lox and the creamiest cream cheese. All totally not fat free. We love you. :)

Posted by Heather at 10:04 AM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 11:11 AM  
    Sorry about Uncle Stan!

    That is a great love.
  2. Blogger Mel posted at 12:16 PM  
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure his Greta was waiting for him with open arms.
  3. Blogger Jody posted at 5:08 PM  
    So sorry for your loss.Thank goodness for those wonderful memories.
  4. Blogger Jen posted at 2:41 PM  
    My thoughts are with you...

Post a Comment

« Home