Thursday, June 15, 2006

Actual knitting & crocheting content!

I know, try not to faint. I've been trying to use stash yarn and finish up some project that have been lingering in bags. Using up leftover yarn from my first Clapotis, I made a baby dress. But I don't have a baby, right? Some time ago I found my childhood babydoll, Crissy, on eBay for a pretty decent deal. I HAD to have her. You see, I adored that doll when I was a kid. I played with her for hours everyday. My mother broke my heart when she gave her away. She came to me naked, so she needed a dress, right?



I made the little hat and booties from stash yarn, too. I love how they turned out! Yes, I realize I'm adult :)

And...miracle of miracles. I finished the damn Charlotte's Web. I may love Koigu, but I HATED this pattern. If it weren't for the Yahoo! knit-a-long, I wouldn't have been able to knit it (darn shame that would have been). The pattern is horribly written and boring. I'm going to burn the pattern, Excel spreadsheet and index pattern repeat cards in the grill. The yarn is from Mystical Creations in the Raisin colorway. After dancing around the living room when I wove in the last end, I soaked it in Eucalan and nearly had a meltdown when I saw this.



See how dark the water is? After a panicked call to my friend, Sarah (who I'm mad at because she wouldn't stick me in her suitcase when she went to Rocky Point. Jeesh), I rinsed and rinsed and everything was fine. Whew! 4,000 pins later and I have this.



I am pretty happy with it, but it turned out differently than I thought. The yarn seems to have a thread-like appearance to it that I like. It is smaller than we estimated and the bind-off, even though I used a needle 2 sizes bigger, is tight. Blocking it was a total pain in the ass because of that.

I've also been blessed with gifties!! From my Vacation Swap Pal, Karen, I received a very thoughtful and totally awesome box filled with presents.



Gorgeous yarn - Art Yarn Ultramerino and poofs of silky soft angora (can't wait to find a pattern for this!), 2 very soft flower face cloths, 2 knitting mystery books (which is too funny because I bought my 2 pals the same books!), an H bookmark, 3 bars of yummy smelling soap, her first quilted project - a sachet that is so cute!, 2 Norah Jones cd's (how did you know I lost mine?) and the final present that had me in tears - a box filled with natural soaps with my Olive's picture. I cannot begin to thank you enough for your gift and the note.

And from my Secret Pal, 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces in the Purple Club (does she know me or what?) colorway.



Thank you both, again, so very much. They were truly the bright spot in my week.

I'm trying hard to get out of my little funk and the kindness of my friends has helped more than I can say. More knitting content and happiness to come :)

Posted by Heather at 8:57 PM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Mel posted at 8:23 AM  
    The shawl looks great and Crissy is looking stylish in her new threads. I think my sister had that doll also. Does her hair length change by pulling on it or her arm? I'm glad that Ebay could reunite you with her, in any case.
  2. Blogger Jennifer posted at 8:31 AM  
    Lovely shawl!

    Wow! What a great package from Karen!
  3. Blogger African Kelli posted at 8:43 AM  
    Ah! That shawl is amazing! Many congrats for finishing that sucker.
  4. Blogger Amy G. posted at 7:31 PM  
    How cute! Crissy was my favorite doll as a little girl too!
    I never thought to search ebay for one.
    I need to also search for my other favorite doll...Baby Beans. Thanks for the ebay idea.
  5. Blogger Sarah posted at 6:00 PM  
    Um...that doesn't quite look like the Crissy doll my sisters had but the dress looks great.

    The shawl is GORGEOUS!

    Um...sorry I couldn't take you to Rocky Point.
  6. Blogger tocspaw posted at 7:24 PM  
    The shawl looks gorgeous! I've been wanting to try that yarn - now I'll know to rinse it very well before wearing!

Post a Comment

« Home