Secret Pal 8
I'm sorry to be so late with this. It will be nice when my life is a little more back to normal.
1.What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love handpainted yarn and yarn that is very soft. I don’t like novelty yarn or scratchy yarn.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I store my circulars in a binder and my straights in a jar. My crochet hooks are in a tool kit.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I’ve been knitting for 3 years and would consider myself intermediate. I’ve been crocheting for around 30 years and would consider myself advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Sure do, here at Amazon.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like spicy scents for candles and lavender for bath things.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Unfortunately, I do. But summer is upon us here in
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I’ve tried the drop spindle with varying degrees of success. I also bead and cross stitch.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like just about everything, but country and opera. I can play MP3 and I also have an iPod.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I’m partial to blues and purples. I really like most colors.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I’m married to my best friend and we have 2 delightful teenagers. I also have a desert tortoise named Luna and 3 cats – Zoe, Tigger and Sadie.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Not really. It hardly is cold enough here.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Felted bags, socks, shawls.
13. What are you knitting right now? 2 socks at once on 2 circulars, a shawl and a sweater for Knit for Kids.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Most definitely. I believe that handmade gifts are a gift from the heart and I treasure them.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I only knit with circular needles. The material they are made of depends on the project. Some yarns work better with certain needles.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I have a winder, no swift.
17. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself from a kid’s how-to-book.
18. How old is your oldest UFO? Probably a year.
19. What is your favorite holiday? My birthday, Samhain (Halloween) and Yule (Christmas).
20. Is there anything that you collect? Teapots, thimbles and yarn!
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I’d love to get more felting yarn. I have more patterns than I could knit in my life and I’m pretty set on needles. I don’t have any subscriptions because I usually only purchase the Spring/Summer editions (see reference to living in an inferno).
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Fair Isle. Which goes really well with living in said inferno.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Sure am. My foot is 10 inches long but I always make them for a 9 ½ foot so they fit better.
24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) December 12th.
25. Do you have any allergies? I’m really sensitive to strong smells and I’m allergic to smoke.
Posted by Heather at 11:07 AM