Monday, May 16, 2005

Le Clapotis est fini!

She is finished and I love her!

Clapotis


The beautiful Princess isn't finished, but I love her too! Here is a close-up of the color and stitches, folded (the Clapotis, not the Princess) so you can see just how lovable she is.

Clapotis closeup


Pattern: Clapotis
Yarn used: TLC baby in the Fizzy Print colorway
Amount used: Around 600 yards
Needle size: Size 7, Susan Bates circulars
What I learned/would have done different: I would have made it a few repeats wider. I learned how to purl much faster and how to work with 20+ stitch markers. Needless to say, my stitch marker making skills have improved. I picked this yarn because I didn't want to spend $120 on the yarn the pattern called for when I knew I wouldn't wear it very much since I live in the desert (True to my luck, the day I finished it we had our first 100 degree day. I jinxed the entire Valley). I spent $8. The yarn is soft and light and got even softer after I washed it.

What is on the needles now? I'm so glad you asked! I finished the body of a sheep and am now working on the head. The directions are really complicated, so it is a project I can't take to the baseball field or when I'm so brain-dead I can't pay attention. For those times I have cast on for another bag. Another Sheepy Tote (minus the sheep) but this time, the bottom and pocket will be in Cascade 220 in a dark gray and the body will be in the Noro I got from Knit Happens. I just didn't think I had enough of the Noro. Better to be safe than pissed off sorry if I run out of yarn.

And just in case you were wondering if I didn't post because life was so blissfully wonderful with the kids, I'm here to let you know that I successfully ruined both their lives last week. The Princess by just having my knitting in the car when I went to her band concert (no, I didn't take it inside and further the humiliation) and by making her get up on Saturday to attend the Baseball Star's game. Not to be left out, I ruined the Stars life by not allowing him to download the new Halo 2 maps until he finished his 50%-of-his-grade science project. Thank God I'm not losing my touch.

Posted by Heather at 4:29 PM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Jack and Nicholas posted at 8:58 PM  
    Heather -

    Your Clapotis is beautiful! I love reading about your kids - it makes me wonder how my life is going to be different when Jack grows up and I get to ruin his life too.
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 11:11 PM  
    I love it, it's wonderful. I am not a fan of pastels usually but I really like it here.

    I used brooks farm on the second and loved it, when and if I get around to a third I will do a super soft white acrylic. I've bought it, but a few other things have popped up on to the radar.

    If you go with the brooks farm - watch out for tangles when winding the hanks into balls, and other than that, enjoy! (and then enjoy some more, it really is beautiful).

    Because you're in such a warm climate, you might even consider something lighter, like berocco cotton twist or if you are willing to order from where I am, in Australia, you can get a beautiful cotton blend called harmony from bendigo woolen mills. They ship very cheaply and quickly, will send you a free shade card, and it would only cost you about $15 US for enough yarn for a clapotis! A friend of mine has just started in the harmony, in a pink.
  3. Blogger Pam posted at 11:38 PM  
    So pretty!

    It's good to know you haven't lost your touch with the kids.
  4. Blogger Virtuella aka. Margot Viste posted at 8:59 AM  
    I agree with you and the others, your clapotis is BEAUTIFUL!!

    Hugs from
    Norway
    Virtuella
  5. Blogger Sarah posted at 2:10 PM  
    Wow...gorgeous daughter! I hope mine grows up that cute! Of course, I too will ruin her life by breathing and knitting!

    The Clapotis looks gorgeous!
  6. Blogger Creative Genius? posted at 9:38 AM  
    OH MY Gosh it is AMAZING!!!! I just love it! (And your daughter is beautiful!!!)

Post a Comment

« Home