Thursday, April 28, 2005

Step 1 - Admit you have a problem

Not Purses


But you see, some are BAGS. Not purses. So there really isn't 10 purses. A couple of them I use to cart my knitting around in. Justification? Denial? Nooo...not me!

The love affair with Clapotis continues. Why am I so hooked on this? I totally love knitting this little rectangle. So much so, that I made more beaded stitch markers so she would be all prettied up while I worked on her (It bugged me that I had some plastic and some beaded on there. Yes, I'm a freak.). I have one more set of increases before I start the straight rows. This is moving fast!

Clapotis


Now, I'm going to say this as nicely as possible. Those of you that know me, know I love my children with all my heart and my family is the center of my world. But, my son is a dufus. I think I can finally say he pulled his stupidest stunt ever. Remember, my dear 30-something friends, back in the day when we could skip school and classes without fear of being busted? When schools weren't as sophisticated as they are now? No computer generated phone calls or letters if you missed Algebra? My son, in his latest determination to do whatever the hell he wants, decided to skip English and Science yesterday. What did he do for fun you ask? Sat in the bathroom. Sure beats my skipping days when we went to the beach. All so he can have his way. When he got the pass to go back to class, he told him that he had been at a doctor appointment. Yea. Like the school wasn't going to let me know about it when I didn't check him in. Can we say busted boys and girls?

I bet you didn't know there are only 3 1/2 weeks of school left and roughly 5 weeks until they go to Florida for the summer if the little darling doesn't wind up in summer school. If you care anything about my mental state, you will pray or light candles or whatever that he passes the 2 classes he might be failing. 3 1/2 weeks...26 days...624 hours...oh yea, I'm losing it already.

Posted by Heather at 9:10 AM

4 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:28 AM  
    But they're all so CUTE!

    Well, if you're really worried, you could sell some of them and then use the money for more yarn for more bags. But *I* would keep them. They're beautiful.
  2. Blogger illanna posted at 8:14 PM  
    Your bags are beautiful. You NEED bags. You know what? So many people just hoard yarn and don't make anything from it. THAT's a problem. What you're doing is just knitting. It's legal :) Don't sell any of the bags- SELL THE TEENAGERS!
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:15 PM  
    What problem? I dont see a problem? I see several gorgeous bags, but no sign of a problem anywhere!

    Nice work!!
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:03 PM  
    I keep waiting to felt a bag and the picture of allyour treasureres inspires me to ge to it. However, charlotte's Web shawl and several other projects are standing in my way. May have to brush them aside; so I can at least have one fleted bag.

Post a Comment

« Home