Monday, June 19, 2006

Hot fun in the summer time

So, what's a girl to do when it is 111 outside and she hates the heat? She watches movies all day and knits socks, that's what she does!



Or to be more specific, she finishes 2 heel flaps and turns the heel. The best part about this huge heel? That it has a long gusset, so now I only have like 3 1/2 inches of foot to knit.



That heel flap looks big, doesn't it? I was getting worried, but I've tried the socks on a few hundred times because I'm terrified of screwing up again several times and they fit very nicely. I love turning heels, so that was a nice little reward for the miles of leg and flap. I'm in the home stretch now, baby! I'm still not loving the pattern, but it is a little more bearable now that I have plain stockinette on the bottom of the foot. It is moving faster, but I still feel like I've been knitting them for.ev.er. They are darn cute, though.

I've resisted casting on for another project...for now. Must.finish.socks.

Posted by Heather at 7:50 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 8:22 AM  
    They look great!

    You are in the home stretch!

    You can do it!
  2. Blogger Michellefinaz posted at 11:15 AM  
    They look awesome, can't wait to see them done!!!
  3. Blogger Jennifer posted at 6:27 PM  
    So cute! I love those colors.
  4. Blogger African Kelli posted at 9:14 AM  
    Envious beyond belief!
  5. Blogger Cece posted at 8:43 AM  
    Hey - re: my beaded shawl... I used the Shapely Shawlette pattern - here is a link - http://www.judypascale.com/shawlette.htm

    It turned out awesome, and always turns heads when I wear it.

Post a Comment

« Home