Monday, July 24, 2006

Someone has a case of the Mondays

So, this morning I'm merrily driving along to work and I come to a stop light in Chandler. I needed to turn left at the particular light, however, there was a city truck blocking the lane. The happy city workers were packing up after apparently installing a new, no u-turn sign. Which looked...odd.


Ok, this isn't the actually sign. I couldn't humilitate the guy anymore and I googled instead of using my new camera phone.


Being the polite citizen that I am, I pulled up the light and rolled (we really don’t roll down our windows anymore, do we? So I really just pushed the button. Only once, because apparently we are so lazy now that we can’t hold the button to put down the window all the way.) down the window to talk to the nice city employees.

“Umm, sir?” I asked. This gets me a funny look from City Worker #1 (apparently this difficult task was a 2 man job). “I’m not trying to tell you how to do your job, but I think your sign is upside down.” This gets me another funny look. So I sit there. And he walks over to the sign, turns his head to the side a bit and says, “Oh shit. Hey, City Worker #2, come look at this.” They both stand there, heads cocked to the side and sigh.

“Not a good way to start a Monday, huh?” I ask.

“Lady, you have no idea.” was the sad reply.

I laughed so hard driving to the gas station I nearly wrecked into the pumps.

Posted by Heather at 10:56 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Sarah posted at 11:50 AM  
    That is a good one!
  2. Blogger Jennifer posted at 12:11 PM  
    LOL! Thanks for the first laugh I've had in a while. That's too funny.
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:08 PM  
    Thanks for the laugh - I needed that!
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:58 PM  
    Oh my GOD! I'm dyin'! That is SO funny.

    And thank you for being careful not to run over the construction guys. You wouldn't believe the mortality statistics...
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:15 PM  
    Oh my lord, that is sooo funny. Everyday has been a Monday for me this week! I needed that!

Post a Comment

« Home