Thursday, June 22, 2006

Decisions, decisions

Thank you very much for your kind comments on Jaywalker and Charlotte. I'm really happy that I sucked it up and made myself finish both before I could start another project. Both of them had been sitting around for too long. Now both can go sit in a drawer until it isn't 100+ degrees.

Now I find myself with nothing to knit (blanket and charity sweaters don't count). An odd feeling, really. Yesterday, anticipating the end of the Jaywalker torture, I ordered the Shapely Shawlette beaded pattern. Sarah put a request out to the KnitList for patterns calling for 2 skeins of Koigu. Someone recommended the shawlette and Cece made such a beautiful one that I just had to have the pattern. I'm hoping it is here for the weekend. I have 2 beautiful skeins that I bought at Jessica's several months ago that I had originally intended for socks. I think they will make a much prettier shawlette with silvery beads from the beading stash (don't ask). My awesome Vacation Swap Pal, Karen, sent me that gorgeous Art Yarns UltraMerino that will become a second shawlette.

The Princess left for Florida last week, leaving us with a grumpy Star to deal with. I must say, it is nice to not hear them fight 24/7. But I miss her. I leave for Florida on the 4th to attend her Quinceanera on the 9th. That should be interesting. It's being thrown by my ex and his family. The drama that is already reaching epic levels is just too funny.

I will, however, have 10 hours of flight time to knit and read in peace. With no cell phone. No email. No having to drive everywhere. And to think I didn't like to fly.

Posted by Heather at 11:52 AM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Jennifer posted at 3:12 PM  
    I haven't seen that shapely shawlette pattern. I'll have to go take a look.
  2. Blogger kt posted at 9:07 PM  
    Oh Yay! An escape from desert heat! To ......humid tropical heat? But, knitting time in the air should be a wonderful private bubble of Heather-time. Mmmmmm.

    Tell su chica Felicitaciones on the big 15!
  3. Blogger kt posted at 9:25 PM  
    AAAAK! The harlot is coming to Mesa next month!!!! Can we all band together and co-knit at the event???

    Let's!
  4. Blogger Michellefinaz posted at 6:20 AM  
    I really like the look of that pattern, very cool. Can't wait to see you work on it.

Post a Comment

« Home