Monday, August 21, 2006

283 days!

Sorry I haven't been posting, I can't believe how time flies! But...I have wonderful news!

Since I was in high school, I have dreamed of an Alaskan Cruise. When I was in Florida this summer, my sister-in-law suggested a family trip to Alaska. Did we want to go? Are you kidding?!? We may not be able to eat until then (good diet, right?), but we are going!! Both my brothers and their families, my parents and my family will leave for Alaska on June 1, 2007 for a 7 day cruise. I was so excited that when I was confirming everything I was crying. I'm such a dork.



Average temperatures in Chandler, Arizona in June? 68 - 104. Average temperatures in Juneau, Alaska in June? 46 - 62.

And you know what you have to wear when it is only 46 - 62 degrees? Sweaters!!! See, I knew my stash would come in handy!

Posted by Heather at 3:49 PM

11 Comments

  1. Blogger kt posted at 9:13 PM  
    Woo-hoo! What cruise line?

    Take rain gear.

    You are going to have the BEST TIME!

    What's the itinerary?

    Hopefully, I cna make it to SNB BEFORE you go next summer so we can talk about it.

    Hooray! You'll LURVE it.
  2. Blogger YarnB posted at 12:38 AM  
    I'd kill for a cruise like that right now! Well maybe not kill, but I would love to go on one.. Sounds great!!
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4:58 AM  
    Good for you! Alaska is beautiful, you will love it!
  4. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:26 AM  
    Wow, that is so exciting!
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:08 AM  
    How cool! Joe wants to go on one, and so I may be doing something similar in the next couple years. I can't wait to read (in 300 days) how yours went!
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:51 AM  
    You will have a GREAT time! We did the Inland Cruise last month and totally enjoyed ourselves! Skeins in Juneau is a great shop just to the left as you walk off the cruise dock, and if you stop in Ketchikam, The Yarn and Bead shop to the right at the end of the pier is worth checking out.


    Kate
  7. Blogger Jennifer posted at 9:33 AM  
    Yay for you! Sounds like it will be lots of fun.
  8. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:23 AM  
    This is GREAT! You are so lucky. I bet you can't wait for next year to come!
  9. Blogger Jody posted at 8:02 PM  
    I heard only FABULOUS things about the Alaska tour. And to have the chance to wear your own handmade sweaters....double pleasure!
  10. Blogger crazymom posted at 5:44 PM  
    That sounds so wonderfully fun! Especially the cooler temps. LOL
  11. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:26 AM  
    Oh how cool! I have always wanted to go on an Alaskan Cruise. Can't wait to hear how it goes and all about the preparations. A gal has to kniw some sweaters for this trip for sure!

Post a Comment

« Home