Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Obsessed

I'm clearly an obsessed knitter. First, I should clarify. I'm the kind of person that will make light or fun of just about everything. When the Princess needed staples in her head after falling off a bench at school, I made her laugh the whole time telling her that everything she learned was leeking out her head. "Oh no, there goes the 3 times tables!". Yea, I'm a little warped.

So yesterday, when a violent case of vertigo (Caused by a severe middle ear infection. Who knew? My ear doesn't even hurt!) sent me to the ER, I wouldn't let the nurse put the IV in my hand. Because I'm a knitter, you know. I swear, the look she gave me could have melted ice.

To clarify a little about the giveaway. You can use the yarn to crochet or knit for whatever charity you like. If you don't have one in mind, you can send it back to me for distribution through Arizona Warming Families or to the Dulaan project.

I'm headed back to the couch. So the room can stop moving. Ugh.

Posted by Heather at 11:47 AM

3 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:41 PM  
    Oooooooh feel better soon! Good for you for telling the nurse to put the IV elsewhere - when my son was born they put the IV in my hand and one of the nurses said, "why did they put that there?". It made everything difficult and I didn't know any better.
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:29 AM  
    Poop, IE just trashed my comment. Anyway, I hope you're feeling better.

    I have it on good authority that a good nurse can put an IV in almost anywhere. I won't tell you specifics, because it's a bit disturbing. Hopefully you won't have to have one done again for a while, but for the next time, tell 'em to get more creative than your hand.
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:26 AM  
    Sorry to hear about your ear. I suppose vertigo doesn't affect your knitting. My implant sort of affected my balance but it seems to be coming back and my yoga practice helps that a lot. Feel better soon! Om shanti ya'll!

Post a Comment

« Home