Sunday, January 20, 2008

More baby knits



See what I bought myself with my Christmas bonus? Brian is out of his swift job, but I don't think he minds.

I pulled out my 2 gorgeous skeins of Claudia Hand Painted Yarn in the Plumicious colorway and started winding.



Excuse the crappy picture, but umm...doesn't something look off? Yea, one skein is 40 grams, the other is 70. I'm just going to knit toe up until I run out of the smaller skein and then wind off 15 grams of the other. You know me, I like to use up every inch of handpainted goodiness. These are destined to be Monkey Socks with a mod for toe up that I found somewhere in blogland.

Finally finished blanket number two for the granddaughter (god, that stil freaks me out).



Yarn - Encore, 6 skeins
Pattern - Sheila's Laprobe
Hook - Size H
Time to crochet - Too damn long

I finished over 2/3 of this while the Princess was in the hospital for 2 days with an acute stomach virus that had all of us very worried. She is all better now, but I think I aged 5 more years in 3 days.

Also knit while she was in the hospital (Very easy to knit there, you know. She sleeps and doesn't want me to leave her side, so I knit and crocheted for HOURS. I don't recommend it, however, as a way to finish off projects.) are 2 baby bibs in Sugar 'n Cream. These are no brainers. Perfect for 4am knitting and you can't fall asleep in the chair.



This might be my favorite baby project so far.



Alison's Baby Bell Bottoms. Very well written pattern, soft yarn and a quick knit. I have yarn for a purple pair in a 6 month size, too.

Now, back to bed with me. Because I don't have enough going on without somehow coming down with pneumonia and having a lovely reaction to the meds. Yea.

Posted by Heather at 4:27 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Creative Genius? posted at 5:32 PM  
    WOW grandma - you've been busy!!! I do hope the mommy-to-be is feeling better and baby-to-be is doing just fine... sending well thoughts your way!
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:52 AM  
    Glad you got your knitting mojo back!!

    Love those bell bottoms.
  3. Blogger Mel posted at 7:29 AM  
    Yikes on the hospital, but I'm glad the princess is feeling better. Those bell bottoms are really adorable.

Post a Comment

« Home