Thursday, January 03, 2008

Mom, does this match?

My son has a very good heart. Now, that sometimes clashes with his immature brain, but he really is a very good kid (most of the time).

He was SO excited to give me my Christmas gift this year. As you may know (hush, Sarah), I love Crocs. I have 4 pairs of Beach and 2 of their flip flops (I am SUCH a flip-flop girl and these are the comfiest ever. Yes, they are $35. No, I don't care. My feet are cute and deserve them.). Anyway. The Star can't wait for me to open his gift to me on Christmas. I open them and I swear, I had to cover my eyes.

Lime Crocs


Trust me, this picture does not accurately pick up their eye-blinding capabilities. They defy logic. They can be seen from space. But, I'm going to wear them. Because I can't break his heart by taking them back.

I figure with jeans and a neutral shirt they aren't that bad. But I need socks to go with them. Hell, might as well go all for it, hmm? So, anyone out there know of a soft, non-scratchy sock yarn that would match? You know, so I can be seen from Mars?

Posted by Heather at 7:18 PM

7 Comments

  1. Blogger Pam posted at 7:25 AM  
    Well, I think you son has excellent taste...that's the color I would have chosen for myself. You just stick with your boring blacks and browns and reds, but your son? Now he's got style! :-D

    And besides, they're Crocs. How much worse can they get? :-P (Right Sarah?)
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7:43 AM  
    Pam & Heather, you are so right. I mean, they are crocs so.....the color is actually irrelevant. ;)

    I have green yarn, not sock yarn but I do have green wool that matches those crocs.

    Have fun wearing them because your son put so much thought into them.
  3. Blogger Unknown posted at 8:47 AM  
    Ahhh, I think they're wonderful! I wish I could have seen his excitement. :-)
  4. Blogger Mel posted at 9:12 AM  
    I just bought a pair in black and you know what? I like the colorful ones better. They are so fun. I think they will look awesome with a pair of striped neon pink & green socks! It will be so 80's ;-)
  5. Blogger Michellefinaz posted at 10:00 PM  
    okay, you will have to see if you can find a picture of the Yarn Pirate Killer Bees colorway that she did a few months ago. It was green, black and yellow. There are a few people selling theirs of Ravelry if you really want it, I could help you get it.
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:11 PM  
    *I* like them!!
  7. Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter posted at 2:54 PM  
    That is hilarious--my daughter so excited to give me a very loud blue pair for Christmas well!

Post a Comment

« Home