Monday, July 11, 2005

I'm still here...

Whoa, have I been a slacker. Haven't felt like doing much since coming back from Pinetop, and that included blogging. So I didn't. Ha! Pinetop was ok. The weather was gorgeous, I read 2 books, worked on projects and listened to my in-laws medical problems. What the heck is it with older people (no set age, old is in your mind) and the need to tell you every freaking medical thing going on with them complete with a slide show? Ugh. I was so ready to come home!

Yesterday I camped out in front of CNN watching the hurricane coverage. My entire family lives in Florida and the kidlets are still there. It was rather nerve-wracking waiting to see where Dennis was going to go. Last year, my parents' house got hit hard by Charlie.

Dad's House


11 months later, their house STILL isn't completely repaired. I know some of the people where Dennis hit were still trying to clean up and repair from Ivan. I am SO glad I don't live there anymore.

So, while I watched Anderson Cooper dodging flying Ramada signs, I finished projects. Clapotis number 2, made out of SouthWest Trading Companies Oasis in the Canyon colorway.

outside

inside


Unfortunately, the colors don't show well in the pictures. I love her! The yarn is soft and light, just how I wanted.

And look who is grazing in my backyard!

sheepie


Is that the cutest thing ever, or what? I am so in love with my little sheep. The cream (Despite what the freaking Fiber Factory told me. Should have made a damn swatch) didn't felt as well as I would have liked, but I'm still happy with the way it turned out. When I use up some of the stash, I'm going to buy some better light yarn to make a flock!

Still on the needles/hooks:

1 - baby blanket
2 - Flower Basket Shawl that hates me
3 - Karaoke afghan test for SWTC
4 - Nantasket Basket

Still in the stash? Way to embarassing to admit. Oh, and that bag of Cotton Ease in the corner and new sock yarn coming in the mail? Ummm...Christmas gifts! Yea, that's it!

Posted by Heather at 9:31 AM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Mel posted at 12:55 PM  
    The Clapotis is gorgeous. The sheep is so freakin' cute I want to shreik! How big is the finished product?
  2. Blogger Soulknitting posted at 4:45 PM  
    Your Clapotis came out beautiful!! I just started #2 myself, in black cotton. HA!! Got a giggle about the 'FBS that hates me' line. I'm frogging to back to a lifeline myself this evening. Poo. I give people, no matter what age, about 5 minutes for the health or family issuses throw-up, then I have to find my dog. I'm just kinda 'done' with that...it seems like many people don't have anything to talk about except their body parts that don't work or almost don't work -- (I have them myself), the drugs they are taking, or the idiot that is in their family. How about we give some time to the things in life that are good and delightful? I think it has to do with TV. We seem to mirror what's on the tube. Sad.

    Glad you're home safe.
  3. Blogger illanna posted at 9:28 AM  
    I usually make fun of clapotis', in my own head when I see them, but yours is actually REALLY REALLY beautiful. Yours, Alison's, and Paula's were the only ones I have been able to keep myself from making fun of. I really just laugh because everyone is making them and they all look the same to me. But, the colors on yours came out GORGEOUS and it must be really soft because of the soy silk. Great job :) Of course I love the sheep too ;)

Post a Comment

« Home